What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watching Three Kings. I'm so tired of war films, I thought I'd watch this because I remembered the trailer having an element of humour and more buddy-cop kind of element to it, but I must be thinking of a different film because this is tired and by the numbers.

I mean, it was okay, and it at least did something a little different than the usual, but like I say, I'm just so burnt out on war films (most specifically, second half of the 1900s American war films - other periods and nations exist, you know >_> ), it never stood much of a chance of getting much of a liking from me.

I have heard the line "All right, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close-up" from Sunset Boulevard (1950) quoted a hundred times...and not once in all that quoting has the context of her being UTTERLY BATSHIT CRAZY been made clear.

But yes, excellent film. Mad. Quite predictable. But excellent.

I wish it were possible to slap the hell out of Friday the 13th Part III: 3D every time it just shoves a baseball bat or cigarette directly into the lens.

I have heard the line "All right, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close-up" from Sunset Boulevard (1950) quoted a hundred times...and not once in all that quoting has the context of her being UTTERLY BATSHIT CRAZY been made clear.

But yes, excellent film. Mad. Quite predictable. But excellent.

Sunset Boulevard is one the best movies I've ever watched. The crazy, utter descent into madness is absolutely incredible. It's probably top 2 or 3 in my Billy Wilder favorites.

The best part about Foxcatcher for me was Channing Tatum's incredible performance. He completely changed everything he did into how a wrestler would do it.

20 minutes into Mamma Mia! and not a big fan. I like ABBA, but every song so far has been really awkwardly crowbarred in, and the story is already ridiculous - why would three guys unquestioningly go to the wedding of the daughter of a woman they once had a holiday romance with 20 plus years ago?

Also, Meryl Streep is a fucking awful singer.

20 minutes into Mamma Mia! and not a big fan. I like ABBA, but every song so far has been really awkwardly crowbarred in, and the story is already ridiculous - why would three guys unquestioningly go to the wedding of the daughter of a woman they once had a holiday romance with 20 plus years ago?

You monster.

My girlfriend forced me to watch it once. Love Meryl Steep and Pierce Brosnan, but neither one should sing. Ever. Especially Brosnan. Plus I fucking HATE ABBA. (The only song of theirs I can stand to listen to without retching is Dancing Queen)

The Young Master (1980), is fun fun fun fun fun! It's Jackie Chan's second movie as a director and it's so much fun. Not really action comedy but still more kung fu comedy but it works! And Jackie going mental the last 10 minutes is amazing.