What Did You Play Today?

Mick

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played a little No Mercy, winning the Light Heavyweight Title with Kane.

I also have been playing NHL 08 daily now. I have owned the game since it was released in September and it is still my top game for the 360. CoD 4 and Gears of War are up there too, but nothing has come close to being as fun as NHL 08. I haven't played online that much, so I might start doing that.

If anyone is interested, my gamertag is desiredtoe.

I played a little No Mercy, winning the Light Heavyweight Title with Kane.

I also have been playing NHL 08 daily now. I have owned the game since it was released in September and it is still my top game for the 360. CoD 4 and Gears of War are up there too, but nothing has come close to being as fun as NHL 08. I haven't played online that much, so I might start doing that.

If anyone is interested, my gamertag is desiredtoe.

I guess if Harvey Whippleman can win the Womens Title....

Picked up Eternal Sonata on the 360 for £19.99. The option of Japanese audio is good as otherwise I'd most likely be despising the cutsey American voices by now. :shifty: As it is, it's all bright and colourful and sweet thus far...bless it.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI: Two years into the Battle of Guan Du scenario as Sun Ce, I've just began a great military campaign. Liu Bei, deferring to the game's bug on having the force in a certain city attack a port hundreds of miles away, has been killed in the resulting naval battle, as has Guan Ping, the heir apparent to the new ruler.

My attacks on Cao Cao to the north has resulted in me ruling Ru Nan, within striking distance of the castle in which the Han Emperor is held. In that attack, I have killed Cao Cao's eldest living son, as well.

So, I'm not doing too bad.

I'm currently playing through Half-Life 2. I got it for the original Xbox when it came out and really liked it, I got as far as Nova Prospekt then for whatever reason never played again and eventually traded it in for some other game. Orange box has given me the chance to play through it again and the praise for Episode 2 has had be excited about playing through it. Right now I'm in Nova Prospekt and further than I got the last time I played, so from this point on everything is new to me.

More Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI goodness...

This game, I'm playing as Cao Cao in 204. I started in 193, and floundered in obscurity for a while. Today, my forces continued their advances into the north of China that they started two days ago, wiping out the pathetic remnants of the Yuan family as well as the very strong Gongsun Zan army thanks to a very poorly thought out defense strategy on their part. Part of that war included a 200,000 strong battle with Cao Cao and Zan's successor, Yue, that sadly failed to live up to the potential epic qualities that it should have had, due to the city having very few officers in it.

After subduing the north and being made a Field General by Emperor Xian, I ended my alliance with the powerful Yuan Shu, and began a war with him. I attempted to lead a large siege against the 150,000 strong city of Xu Chang, but was forced to retreat in shame after being bottled up by a set of defense structures and enemy forces. Determined to build up for the next large attack, I bribed Yuan Shu with 10,000 gold to agree to a ceasefire for two years.

Lost Odyssey, has one of the most shit-hot stories I've experianced on a game for quite some time, the 3rd disc probably contains some of the most insane stuff I've ever seen on a game of this ilk. The pacing is a bit off in the first few discs, and each disc seems way too short, but its still a grand game.

Over the Easter weekend I switched back and forth between playing Eternal Sonata (360) and Europa Universalis III (PC).

Eternal Sonata is quite fun, although if you play it for too long in a single stint then the grind of defeating identical enemies in identical fashion can get to you. I don't hate the game yet though, and I'm going to make sure I complete it before I pick up Lost Odyssey.

As for EU3, the upcoming release of EU:Rome has got me in the mood. I started a game as Brandenburg in February 1477, I think it was (why the random date? Because that was when Burgundy disappeared from the map, having been swallowed up by France/Austria/others. I hate Burgundy). My mission? To unite my bretheren under the banner of a Greater Germany! Hence why I chose Brandenburg: their capital is the closest one there is to where Berlin should be... I've been doing quite well, but now the Holy Roman Emperor of Austria has got pissy with my annexing of my various smaller neighbours and has declared war in an attempt to put me in my place. His army is immense, but I do have Bohemia/Saxony/Denmark/Sweden to help me, so we shall see...

I hate it when other rulers don't learn their place and actually try to resist. They'll only fall in the end, don't they know that?

In ROTK XI news: I beat Yuan Shu and his successor Kong Rong, and have started a war with Liu Bei who had just swallowed up the Sun clan's holdings in the south. Now, only him, Huang Zhong, and I remain. The era of the Three Kingdoms has begun!

Edited by whiskers