MMA News and Discussion Thread

Forrest won that fight hands down, Even Rampage admitted it after the fight. And i never said it wasn't close, i said it wasn't Controversial, and it wasn't as close as Jardine/Rampage was.

Bottom Line is Forrest Won that fight, at times dominated it. Forrest lost 1 or none rounds, sure every round execpt the second were close, but overall Forrest clearly won it.

People just don't want to admitt that someone from TUF can be World Champion.

And i dont like Rampage because of what i said earlier, plus all he ever does is talk shit, he's not that funny usually just an asshole. He is like a funnier version of BJ Penn who i also can't stand.

And Rashad will beat Rampage, he holds an advantage over all of Rampages strengths except physical strength.

Well that isn't me so don't aim it at me. Forrest is my favourite fighter by a million miles and one of the main reasons I got into MMA. I fucking love the guy and in my mind there's nobody better to watch on this planet. So I really don't get where your comment is coming from.

And Rampage talks shit and backs it up, his entire UFC run has proven that. And let's be honest, why does it matter? You praise Rashad, who talks just as much shit as anyone does, whether I love him or not. I think you've got something against Rampage and for that refuse to actually realise how good he actually is. I guess we'll leave it at that and only the future will tell.

That wasn't aimed at you.

And i don't like Rashad either. Infact both of them are on my dislike list (along with Diaz Bros, BJ, and Koscheck). I'm giving my unbiased opinon on that i think Rashad is better then Rampage. I know Rampage is good, he is a top LHW, i know that, he has great strength, a good chin, good cardio, good wrestling, great boxing. He is good, and he will beat most fighters on any given day, i just don't like his attitude.

But i may be a hypocrite because i love Hughes and people seem to boo him, i mean WTF, they booed him yesternight that was horrible.

Just Because i don't like Rampage or BJ Penn doesn't mean i don't know or realize they are top of the line elite fighters. Rampage has improved, but i don't think he matches up well with Rashad thats what i'm saying.

Ok, I'm just going to come out and say it because someone has to.

First off, stop fucking double posting, there's rules against it and there's a fucking edit button for a reason. On top of that, no one wants to hear what you think anyways. Talking to you is a fucking chore. You are very often completely misinformed and make ridiculous claims that are quickly torn apart. But you refuse to relent, keep harping on points that have been proven wrong by people who are much smarter and more respected than you.

If what you've claimed in the past is true, you're nearing the age of 30, and you've got the grammar and spelling skills of a 14 year old. Plenty of people will agree with me in saying that speaking with you is not an intellectual debate of any sort, it is most often just as clear cut, black and white case of you being wrong. You also seem to be developing an attitude, which when applied to everything else I've already said will almost certainly pave the way for you to be ridiculed/harassed out of here. Stop.

First off, stop fucking double posting, there's rules against it and there's a fucking edit button for a reason. On top of that, no one wants to hear what you think anyways. Talking to you is a fucking chore. You are very often completely misinformed and make ridiculous claims that are quickly torn apart. But you refuse to relent, keep harping on points that have been proven wrong by people who are much smarter and more respected than you.

If what you've claimed in the past is true, you're nearing the age of 30, and you've got the grammar and spelling skills of a 14 year old. Plenty of people will agree with me in saying that speaking with you is not an intellectual debate of any sort, it is most often just as clear cut, black and white case of you being wrong. You also seem to be developing an attitude, which when applied to everything else I've already said will almost certainly pave the way for you to be ridiculed/harassed out of here. Stop.

ok sure.... Wait.... you are telling me i have an attitude. Give me a second to let that one sink in really quick. WTF? you? dude you're an ass, alot of your posts are of you being an ass.

Second, i'm not the greatest typer in the word, and make some key mistakes, so sue me will you. And i don't care if people don't want to hear what i think because they disagree with me. Most of what i've said holds merit to other people. Alot of people know that Forrest won that fight. Alot of people know Rampage is a jackass although he is a talented fighter. And i couldn't be ridiculed/harassed out of here if they tried.

You want to know why i'm developing an attitude? Because some people on this site (not naming names) are an asshole and seem to have a problem with me so if i say one wrong thing they act like everything i say is stupid. Or when people act like their opinon is automatically right and i'm worng via that virtue. Or how about because when you disagree with someone here your instantly a dumbass?

But i will stop double posting.

ok sure.... Wait.... you are telling me i have an attitude. Give me a second to let that one sink in really quick. WTF? you? dude you're an ass, alot of your posts are of you being an ass.

Second, i'm not the greatest typer in the word, and make some key mistakes, so sue me will you. And i don't care if people don't want to hear what i think because they disagree with me. Most of what i've said holds merit to other people. Alot of people know that Forrest won that fight. Alot of people know Rampage is a jackass although he is a talented fighter. And i couldn't be ridiculed/harassed out of here if they tried.

You want to know why i'm developing an attitude? Because some people on this site (not naming names) are an asshole and seem to have a problem with me so if i say one wrong thing they act like everything i say is stupid. Or when people act like their opinon is automatically right and i'm worng via that virtue. Or how about because when you disagree with someone here your instantly a dumbass?

But i will stop double posting.

Shut up.

I will readily admit that I am a fucking asshole, but jesus christ, someone had to say something to you. You're doing exactly what I stated you do now. There are multiple posts of yours that are FLAT OUT WRONG. For instance, your last NFL post. Saying the Raiders have no good corners at all, when Asomugha is FOR A FACT one of the best in the league, makes you FLAT OUT WRONG. You for the most part refuse to admit to such things, and just go about ignoring them. You're currently arguing MMA with Biggz, who is much, much more informed about MMA than you are, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone here who doesn't agree with that statement. But instead of just accepting the fact that you were wrong, you keep arguing semantics. It's annoying to everyone and no one likes talking to you. You make sports discussions very unpleasent, please stop.

I will readily admit that I am a fucking asshole, but jesus christ, someone had to say something to you. You're doing exactly what I stated you do now. There are multiple posts of yours that are FLAT OUT WRONG. For instance, your last NFL post. Saying the Raiders have no good corners at all, when Asomugha is FOR A FACT one of the best in the league, makes you FLAT OUT WRONG. You for the most part refuse to admit to such things, and just go about ignoring them. You're currently arguing MMA with Biggz, who is much, much more informed about MMA than you are, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone here who doesn't agree with that statement. But instead of just accepting the fact that you were wrong, you keep arguing semantics. It's annoying to everyone and no one likes talking to you. You make sports discussions very unpleasent, please stop.

Hold the fucking phone. I NEVER said Oakland didn't have any good corners, Not ONCE. I said that non of their corners are the best n the league. I never said Asomugha wasn't elite, i said he wasn't the best.

And the whole who won the fight between Forrest and Rampage had been going on forever, and probably will continue that way, some people (not saying Biggz, he's knowledgeable) just can't accept that Rampage lost to Forrest. The fight was close i've admitted it. Every round except the second was close, but Forrest did more, he outworked Rampage and won the fight, he got the victory and a title. And i'm not or never have claimed to know more then Biggz or anyone here on anything at all.

But it's my Opinon on who won Rampage vs Forrest, the fact remains 3 Judges and a whole shit load of others agree with me on Forrest winning.

Implying something then hiding behind "I didn't SAY that" is child's play and will not fly in a forum comprised mostly of adults. We are smarter than that. Except Maxx, who still thinks people listen to him <_<

Implying something then hiding behind "I didn't SAY that" is child's play and will not fly in a forum comprised mostly of adults. We are smarter than that. Except Maxx, who still thinks people listen to him <_<

Are you saying that i implied that Oakland had no good corners or is this another thing?

and if people assume thats what i said then their problem. But i never said or even implied that Oakland didn't have any good corners. I simply stated they didn't have the best one.

They have Asomugha, he is a great Corner he is a top guy, but IMHO he's not the best.

I still have a feeling that Rampage is going to decline the fight in May. He stated numerous times that he felt he over trained for Jardine and didn't appear to be elated at the possibility of going right back into another training camp a few weeks from now.

We got to see all but one fight on the card, there was a really nice KO and finishes from other fights, and a good main event to end the evening. Definitely a decent card that lacked the star power.

Am I the only one who can't stand Matt Hamill? I didn't care for his post fight jumping around and I don't recall him at least going over and seeing if Munoz was okay. I've heard stories about Hamill being a dick and a douchebag but I don't know for sure. Something just rubs me the wrong way about him, yes I get it he's deaf. I don't care. The retard cry at the end of his post fight interview didn't help things either.

I don't know if Lesnar could take Carwin. Unless he stuns Carwin he's probably not going to be able to get him down and there's no way he wants to strike with Carwin either. The one thing I've noticed about Carwin though is he seems to take a good shot or two every fight, it almost cost him this fight but I'm willing to bet Lesnar packs more power then anyone who has hit him so far. Assuming Lesnar gets by Frank Mur. Can't forget about Kongo either. Suddenly HW in the UFC doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Am I the only one who can't stand Matt Hamill? I didn't care for his post fight jumping around and I don't recall him at least going over and seeing if Munoz was okay. I've heard stories about Hamill being a dick and a douchebag but I don't know for sure. Something just rubs me the wrong way about him, yes I get it he's deaf. I don't care. The retard cry at the end of his post fight interview didn't help things either.

Oh wow, way to be a dick. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fitzy

I still have a feeling that Rampage is going to decline the fight in May. He stated numerous times that he felt he over trained for Jardine and didn't appear to be elated at the possibility of going right back into another training camp a few weeks from now.

We got to see all but one fight on the card, there was a really nice KO and finishes from other fights, and a good main event to end the evening. Definitely a decent card that lacked the star power.

I don't know if Lesnar could take Carwin. Unless he stuns Carwin he's probably not going to be able to get him down and there's no way he wants to strike with Carwin either. The one thing I've noticed about Carwin though is he seems to take a good shot or two every fight, it almost cost him this fight but I'm willing to bet Lesnar packs more power then anyone who has hit him so far. Assuming Lesnar gets by Frank Mur. Can't forget about Kongo either. Suddenly HW in the UFC doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Brock would get Carwin down fairly easy. Brock is a much much better wrestler then Carwin, his striking seems to be better as well.

Hamill is a great guy, i've met at a couple of UFC's i've been to, real classy dude. Hamill was excited, he scored a beautiful possibly KO of the year over a tough opponent in his home state. You'd be pumped as well.

And the only dickish stories i've hear about him are people who rolled with him on TUF. Hamill goes all out during practice, it helps him, some don't like it though.

And as much as i like Kongo, Carwin or Brock or Cain would demolish him. Sure Kongo's wrestling has improved, but lets not forget the Herring fight. Heath has pretty decent wrestling, but not on the level of Cain/Brock or even Carwin. If a small Carmelo Marrero can use his wrestling to ground Kongo, what can a bigger more athletic better wrestler do(Brock and Cain)?

Don King ... MMA?

Boxing promoter Don King and partners entering MMA; HBO deal on deck?

by John Morgan on Mar 09, 2009 at 6:45 pm ET

World-renowned boxing promoter Don King, the sometimes-controversial yet highly successful head of Don King Productions, is set to make his first venture into MMA.

King will partner with self-described "bad boy of Wall Street" Ross Mandell in the upstart RHM Productions.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of King's hiring as a senior adviser for the new company from sources close to the Boca Raton, Fla.-based organization, and confirmed the news with King's news media advisor, Robert Weneck.

"[King] has been retained as a senior adviser to a Wall Street group that wanted to invest in mixed martial arts," Weneck said. "[Mandell] put together people from London, from New York, lots of major companies. It's a very credible list. They all wanted to invest in light of the growth of mixed martial arts.

"I said, 'Well, I've represented Don King for 15 years as his news media adviser. Let's get the pioneer of boxing, that understands how to do events, knows all the arenas, knows HBO, knows Showtime, knows all the sports people, and it will save you a lot of time and money.'"

While complete details of the new group's business plan were not immediately clear, the company's initial efforts are expected to begin with a reality show/documentary film series in the style of HBO's successful "24/7," which will use the program to build up the as-yet-unnamed promotion's fighters before the debut event.

"Don has always been tracking (MMA) and keeping up because it's part of what he does," Weneck said. "The thing is, it was just a nice opportunity. ... It would give people an opportunity to participate in a company that could have a potential phenomenal growth and get the proper people together to help these guys.

"I grew up with karate and judo and all that, but we never had stars. We never had events. Now, look at it. What was it, at the MGM (Grand Garden Arena) in January? [The UFC] grossed $110 million. I think 1.4 million people hit pay-per-view for $55 an event. It's huge."

Broadcast distribution for the new promotion's reality series and debut event is reportedly in negotiations. While the sources could not reveal what networks were involved in the bidding process, King's 30-plus-year relationship with the subscription-cable giant HBO would seem to provide a unique in-road to the channel's programming.

HBO had been close to a deal to air MMA in the past. One such potential came with the UFC in early 2007, but differences over creative control, including the selection of the production team and announcing crew for the event broadcasts, prevented an agreement from being finalized. The network's relationship with the sport has been hot and cold since the terminated deal. HBO's own lead boxing analysts, Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant, have made repeated derogatory statements on air regarding the lack of technical prowess in MMA.

Although King has been publicly critical of MMA in the past, Weneck said the long-term health of the sport was important to the members of the new partnership.

"It's got to be with the right people," Weneck said. "A lot of people went in and were just fast-buck artists. You've got to have the right people behind it [who] really are in for the long haul and will pay to get the right people and give these kids a chance. This is the opportunity."

The new promotion plans on promoting bouts in multiple weight classes with both male and female fighters.

RHM Productions plans to use Mandell's past success on Wall Street as a means to establish the new promotion as a publicly traded entity. Mandell is the founder and former CEO of Sky Capital Holdings, an international full-service merchant bank and brokerage firm that is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange.

-MMAJunkie

He wants to help MMA grow, so he picks DON FUCKING KING? HIM? i mean why? sure he may or may not be a good promoter, but he is scum, he is a dirt bag.

The only good thing i can see coming out of this is if some high profile boxers cross over like what Hasim Rahman wants to do. other wise....

Really? Don King? hey should have got Bob Meryowitz atleast he has been pseud-successful before, or partnered with a Ex/Current Fighter who knows about MMA. But Don King?

I've Seen, Jason Dent fight Tibau in the UFC.

I've either heard of or seen ; Kevin Knabjin, Jason Pierce, Mark Miller( He fought in the IFL), Kiel Reid, Santino DeFranco, Che Mills, Andre Winner and Jeff Lawson.

I'm not that big on Bisping or really the format it's basically set up for USA to get the victory. But the fights should be good.

I don't see how you can say that it's being set up for the Americans to win.

Maybe you have some inside information that the rest of us don't have, and the British team has been assembled with guys who can't fight... or maybe that was just an ignorant statement.

I don't really like the format, but I understand why they're doing it. Base operations is in the States, but they want to make the European expansion really work... so what better way to do it than to give the British their own team on the new season of TUF?

I'd like for them to abandon the format, unless the winning team goes ahead to the next season against a new nation. Canada Vs the winners? Could be a good way to re-introduce Patrick Cote after he recovers from his injury.