MMA News and Discussion Thread

"The reason why I'm talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more & rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my hometown, which I know fights can be rescheduled because of the Matt Hughes & Matt Serra was postponed due to injuries.

Let me send out a "fuck you" to one Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

But maybe Cro Cop WON'T retire!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2655053/Cro-Cop-I-could-still-fight-on.html

“Take for example, when a man spends 30 years in prison. You let him out, he robs a store and takes only a pack of cigarettes, just to be returned to prison because they can not live outside. This is my fear. The problem is that my way of life is saturated with this military discipline, which does not allow for such things as Christmas or New Year holidays. Training is never a problem. If you offered me all the money in the world not to train, I would refuse. This is my routine with which I have lived for 20 years.” -- Mirko Filipovic talking about his future in an interview with Croatian newspaper Slobodna Dalmacija (Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/9/The-Weekly-Wrap-Sept-19-Sept-25-19972)

Lets wait and see.

Can't wait for next weeks ultimate fighter!

So Wikipedia has it listed for UFC 108 on Jan 2nd that Wanderlei Silva is fighting Yoshihiro Akiyama. Is there any substance to that at all? I haven't heard anything about it till now. Seems to me that if it does take place they're pushing for a credible win for Wanderlei to get him in with Anderson Silva.

So Wikipedia has it listed for UFC 108 on Jan 2nd that Wanderlei Silva is fighting Yoshihiro Akiyama. Is there any substance to that at all? I haven't heard anything about it till now. Seems to me that if it does take place they're pushing for a credible win for Wanderlei to get him in with Anderson Silva.

Best I can tell from a quick search, one of the Bloody Elbow guys heard a rumour about it, and that qualifies as fact on Wikipedia these days.

Guest Kingsonnn Dededoo

Rick Chou, who used to handle matchmaking for EliteXC, is now being hired to do the same for Strikeforce. I was always a fan of EXC's booking, so I guess this is a good move.

Jardine, Henderson, or Franklin are the only options that really spring to mind.

Franklin is still suspended and wouldn't get a proper camp in, though he'd take the fight anyway.

Henderson should be fighting Marquardt next for a title shot at MW, but he did say he'd consider a fight at 205 if he didn't get an immediate title shot. That would be a fight i'd love to see.

Jardine is coming off a loss but he's a recognizable name and probably the best choice if they can't get Henderson. It'd be a tough opponent that would test Tito but wouldn't be too stern of a test for his comeback fight, a la Coleman.