MMA News and Discussion Thread

Well Bellator is not going to be airing on FX as previously reported. They sent out a press release today that says starting in March 2011 they will air on MTV2. It says it is a three year deal. This is probably best for them as FX is too big of a cable station and they would have had to do very well in that time slot to be kept on I am sure. Not to say they won't have to do well on MTV2, but I am sure the average ratings for the time slot they would be in (I assume 8-10 like they had on FSN) wouldn't be near the same average for FX. I am sure Meltzer will have information on that like he usual does in this weeks Observer.

Todd Harris with the "they better do something or they are going to get a stand up" when Cerrone had the triangle on was like ... what the hell is he talking about? He's been doing this for what, 3 or 4 years now? He should know that doesn't happen. Well it happened in a Strikeforce fight earlier in the year with I believe a fight between women, but besides that I can't recall a fight getting stood up when a submission was locked in, because it absolutely would be a stupid call on the referee to do that.

Edited by Fitzy

Great performance by Cruz. Really looking forward to Cruz vs. Faber II but I think that Cruz will take the rematch when they next meet. He's just a totally different fighter since that lose to Faber and dropping to 135. A much more smart and better than he was then. I'd like to see these two on the next Ultimate Fighter, too. Would be a great way to introduce them to the UFC and build to the fight.

Alistair Overeem vs Bobby Lashley is pretty much a certainty for Dynamite!! for the DREAM Heavyweight title..

Can't imagine Coker being too happy with them giving away that fight already, or Lashley getting his head knocked the fuck off.