PFA Awards

Lord Nibbler

See, I'm glad Defoe's on the bench because Robbie Keane's been on fire, especially over the second half of the season. We're the first club he's been at and actually STAYED at and is one of our longest term current players. Just to see him score against Arsenal this week shows how much it means to him. His pairing with Berbatov has become better than Defoe/Berbatov and he works far more for the team than Defoe. He's been an excellent captain in King's absence and he always gives 110% for us which shows why he's had such an excellent season. I wouldn't think twice about putting Keane in the lineup before Defoe.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest REENGAYLAND!!!

I don't really see the logic behind thinking Evra and VDS don't belong on the list. The season doesn't last two months, it starts in August, and August-February these two were tremendous. Evra's been incessantly injured since and VDS has been Juventusing the league since February but let's not deny that they were very good for most of the season.

Scholes, Ferdinand and Gerrard can go straight off the list though, and Essien, Carvalho and Fabregas can come in instead, or if you're feeling adventurous, Sidwell, Woodgate and Bentley.

Though I don't feel adventurous :shifty:

I'd have given Drogba the PFA award. He's just been phenomenal all season. His goals have been priceless, I couldn't imagine Chelsea without him. But I could easily imagine Man United without Ronaldo. But maybe that's just because United seem to have a very versatile team? Ronaldo's just been doing his usual thing, the exact same stuff he was doing last year. It's odd that everyone is jizzing their pants now for him.

With that said, I'd have given him the PFA Young Player award, because he's been the best young player by far, mainly because Rooney's been more of a cog in the Man United machine, rather than the star he was last year.

But it's the nature of the awards, it's voted for by the other players. And they would know best.

Anyone who says Scholes shouldn't be in that team deserves to never watch football again. He is an absolute phenomenon - his positioning, touch, vision, finishing and passing are all unbelievable. If he was Spanish, they'd have built a national side around him - instead, we chose Lampard and put Scholes on the wing.

He has been by far the best central midfielder in the Premiership this season - Lampard, Gerrard and Fabregas have had no sort of consistancy this year. Anybody who wants to play football properly should watch Paul Scholes.

Foster, James or Jaskalinean (sp?) should all be ahead of van der Sar, but thats a small complaint. Ronaldo is hugely deserving of his awards, he's a pleasure to watch. Nice to see Berbatov there as well.

Am I the only one who's never got the Scholes hype? Don't get me wrong, he's good... But I've never seen what's so OMFG WOW AMAZINGZ! about him. I'd take a performing Frank Lampard, Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard, Michael Ballack, Whatever his first name is Fabregas, Javier Mascherano, etc: over him any day.

Don't for one second believe Man Utd have 8 of the best team in the premiership. No fucking way. If that was true (especially considering Chelsea have just 1), Man Utd should have had the league won in January. If they have 8 of the best players, and they are barely in front of a team with just 1, then that says something about their tactics... And as much as I hate Man Utd, they're not bad with their tactics usually.

Am I the only one who's never got the Scholes hype? Don't get me wrong, he's good... But I've never seen what's so OMFG WOW AMAZINGZ! about him. I'd take a performing Frank Lampard, Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard, Michael Ballack, Whatever his first name is Fabregas, Javier Mascherano, etc: over him any day.

The reason Scholes is because he doesn't have anything OMFG WOW AMAZINGZ about him.

He just does everything and everything exceptionally well.

True, but I let that slide due to the kind of midfielder he is. I'd rather see him not tackle and a defensive midfielder tackle or a defender get the tackle in, such as a Carrick or Keane when he was there, as opposed to them trying to the surging runs and getting forward etc.

If you get what I mean >_<

I don't really see the logic behind thinking Evra and VDS don't belong on the list. The season doesn't last two months, it starts in August, and August-February these two were tremendous. Evra's been incessantly injured since and VDS has been Juventusing the league since February but let's not deny that they were very good for most of the season.

The reason Scholes is because he doesn't have anything OMFG WOW AMAZINGZ about him.

He just does everything and everything exceptionally well.

Except tackle.

I like him as a footballer, but when it comes to being a cynical, nasty bastard, its hard to beat Scholes.

Oh, wait....a 'mistimer of tackles' >_>

He just does everything and everything exceptionally well. I mean theres players with better touch, better vision, better goal scoring prowess than him, but rarely is it all in one player. That's what makes Scholes as good as he is really. He deserves to be in the squad, Giggs I'd question but not Scholes. He's great.

And it's Cesc Fabregas.

And don't compare Scholes to a Roy Keane or Javier Mascherano, they're defensive minded midfielders, Scholes is a playmaking attacking midfielder, they don't compare whatsoever.

Central midfielders, nonetheless. I'm not denying Scholes' abilities, he's a good all-rounder, but he doesn't excell in any areas and wouldn't come in my list of top 5 central midfielders in the premiership alone.

He just does everything and everything exceptionally well. I mean theres players with better touch, better vision, better goal scoring prowess than him, but rarely is it all in one player. That's what makes Scholes as good as he is really. He deserves to be in the squad, Giggs I'd question but not Scholes. He's great.

And it's Cesc Fabregas.

And don't compare Scholes to a Roy Keane or Javier Mascherano, they're defensive minded midfielders, Scholes is a playmaking attacking midfielder, they don't compare whatsoever.