Beatles Covers

Dr. Rated-R

I'm wanting to make a mix featuring covers of songs by the Beatles, and I'm drawing blanks. So help me out. The only rules are that the same artist can't be used twice, nor can the same song, and that it can't be a solo performance by one of the Beatles or any post-Beatles band including a Beatle (such as "I've Just Seen A Face" by Paul McCartney/Wings).

Here are the three I'm set on having so far:

"I'm Looking Through You" by The Wallflowers;

"Imagine" by A Perfect Circle (not technically a Beatles song, but I really dig it);

"You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" by Chris Cornell (live, BBC Sessions).

Check out the whole I am Sam soundtrack... alot of the songs suggested so far a from that.

Our Lady Peace does a great version of Dear Prudence and an even better version of Tomorrow Never Knows... I don't know if it counts, but they also do a good cover of Lennon's Imagine.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

"Come Together" by Aerosmith

"I Am The Walrus" by Styx (very well done)

"Blackbird" by Crosby, Stills and Nash

"Hey Jude" by Elvis Presley

"With A Little Help From My Friends" by Joe Cocker

"She Said, She Said" by The Black Keys...I think it' better than the original.

"Across The Universe" by David Bowie

"Let It Be" by Nick Cave is amazingly beautiful.

And it was said already, but "Wild Honey Pie" by The Pixies is a must.

Also, since you counted a Lennon song already, Mad Season covered "I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier."

Oh, and there's a band called "Beatallica" that mixes songs by The Beatles and Metallica...it's amazing.

Edited by Ash J. Williams

Thrice have a GOD AWFUL, Eleanor Rigby cover, which makes me want to cry.

As do GodheaD

Boo you, sir! Godhead's Eleanor Rigby is awesome, don't listen to him. I came in here specifically to suggest it.

Nick Cave's "Let It Be", Rufus' "Across The Universe", Siouxsie's "Dear Prudence" and Nick Cave's "Let It Be" have all been said already, which were my other top choices, so try Nick Cave's "Here Comes The Sun" instead, and maybe Eddie Vedder's "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"

As far as post-Beatles projects, the Replicants' cover of "Silly Love Songs" by Wings is fucking brilliant, and Elliott Smith's cover of "Jealous Guy" by Lennon is beautiful, miles better than the original.