European U21 Championships

IAceI

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czechs dived against us, Italy were just plain Italy, Serbia have been racist and tried to attack our players for a perfectly legal goal.

It wasn't a head injury, and the referee didn't blow for him to stop. Did they expect Derbyshire to get it and put it out for a throw? Would they have done it against us? Not likely. They can go fuck off, I hope UEFA look into this, but it won't be done until after the tournament. Something should happen for that - and the racism - before their next match.

EDIT: and yes, Derbyshire scored. Obviously Pearce doesn't hate Blackburn. <_<

Edited by IAceI

I just flicked over earlier and saw that bizarre Real Madrid goal, but fuck it, lets hope Real win - even with Becks off the pitch he's been instrumental in the Real title win should they win and I want to see him leave with something good to look back on :)

Edited by IAceI

It'll be our fault for playing to the rules the English know. Whether the referee missed it or let it play on, English players keep going until they're told to stop - which is usually for serious injuries or head injuries.

I can almost guanrantee that the Serbian wouldn't have needed the stretcher had we missed, as soon as he was stretchered off he got up and went to the bench. Derbyshire played to the whistle, there was no whistle for the foul, just to signal a goal when he smashed the ball into the back of the net. Clinical finish too.

Serbia can be bitter all they want, as far as I'm concerned we didn't do anything wrong. Other nations with different rules may disagree, but I'm just happy for England to progress and Portugal and Italy to go out. At the start of the match I was looking forward to seeing England go through, and the semi finals being four hardworking, honest teams.

Maybe I was slightly wrong and we can cross Serbia off that list. However I am looking forward to seeing Belgium, Holland and England all provide hopefully some great attacking and flowing football. And lets just hope Vertoghen kills a few Serbs.

Edited by IAceI

On SSN it just said that Derbyshire said he was spat on in the tunnel and Hoyte had racist remarks made towards him too. Also, UEFA said they won't do anything until their delegates report back.