13. Bolton

14. Portsmouth

15. Middlesbrough

16. West Ham

17. Sunderland

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

I'm unsure of Spurs making fourth. Sure we've made progress in recent years and have picked up a couple of good players this Summer but Arsenal always seem to get the better of us no matter what. I'll pick Spurs to finish fourth, though, simply because I don't think Arsenal have done or will do enough to replace Henry.

The title race could go either way between Man Utd and Chelsea I think. Liverpool will give it a good go but fall off with a few games to go I predict. If Man Utd get Tevez, I can't see them being beaten bar an injury crisis. If they don't, I'd still pick them because I hate Chelsea ¬_¬

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

----------

5. Spurs

6. Newcastle

7. Reading

8. Everton

9. Villa

10. Blackburn

11. Pompey

12. Sunderland

13. West Ham

14. Man City

15. Fulham

16. Middlesborough

17. Bolton

----------

18. Wigan

19. Derby

20. Birmingham

If there was no African Nations Cup then I'd put Chelsea 1st, but they'll lose a few important players and I think United will take advantage. Liverpool will have a similar sort of season to last, we've got a lot of new players and I think we'll get off to a slow start. Arsenal will just scrape fourth, I think they've got a better manager and better quality than Spurs.

I've got a feeling Newcastle will do well, they've brought some quality players and I think Allardyce will be able to get the best out of Owen, Luque and Duff.

Can't see any of the bottom three staying up, although Bolton might swap places with Wigan.

Reading 7th? Blackburn 10th? You really expect us to be in the same position we where last year considering we have a full strength squad this year (ie no broken legs, torn hamstrings or torn achilles tendons too our 4 influential players), and one of the most balanced attacking forces in the league? What have Reading done to get 7th :huh:

Yeah I know i'm biased :P

I disagree with you when you say you have one of the most balanced attacking forces. I don't think the players you've brought are going to add anymore goals to the side, so you're relying on McCarthy. If he gets injured or struggles, which is quite possible now that teams are more aware of him, then I don't see where the goals are coming from.

Pedersen and Bentley aren't really strikers, they've both got poor scoring records for Blackburn. Rigters isn't prolific either, I know he's classed as a striker but whenever I've seen him he's been played in midfield. Roberts? Eh, reminds me of Heskey. He'll have a good game then be awful for the next six or seven. Derbyshire could possibly score quite a few, but again, I'm interested to see how he copes now that he's more of a known quantity. Cruz, like I said in the transfer thread, has struggled to stay fit and has an awful record at Bayern.

I don't know why you've taken issue with me putting Reading ahead of Blackburn. They finished ahead of them last season, and surely me pointing out why I don't think Blackburn will do much better answers your question about Reading? They've kept the majority of their squad together with the exception of Sidwell, although I think Harper's the more important central midfielder for them. Unlike all the others around them they've got a settled squad and no European commitments to distract them.

Edited by therockbox

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

6. Everton

7. Newcastle

8. Blackburn

9. Reading

10. Portsmouth

11. Villa

12. Bolton

13. Man City

14. Fullham

15. West Ham

16. Sunderland

17. Middlesbrough

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

I see positions 8-12 being totally interchangable, though. The same with 13-16.

• Admin

Pedersen and Bentley aren't really strikers, they've both got poor scoring records for Blackburn. Rigters isn't prolific either, I know he's classed as a striker but whenever I've seen him he's been played in midfield. Roberts? Eh, reminds me of Heskey. He'll have a good game then be awful for the next six or seven. Derbyshire could possibly score quite a few, but again, I'm interested to see how he copes now that he's more of a known quantity. Cruz, like I said in the transfer thread, has struggled to stay fit and has an awful record at Bayern.

I don't know why you've taken issue with me putting Reading ahead of Blackburn. They finished ahead of them last season, and surely me pointing out why I don't think Blackburn will do much better answers your question about Reading? They've kept the majority of their squad together with the exception of Sidwell, although I think Harper's the more important central midfielder for them. Unlike all the others around them they've got a settled squad and no European commitments to distract them.

But in the same way that defenders will be more aware of McCarthy now, surely the same can be said about the two Reading lads Lita (7 goals last year) & Doyle (13 goals last year), who to be fair have nowhere near the quality of McCarthy. If McCarthy is going to struggle, where are Reading's goals coming from?

Personally, I think both sides will be fine this year, but I don't imagine Reading doing anything spectacular. A combination of no longer being the unknown quantity, the loss of Sidwell, and the general strengthening of all the teams around them in the table whilst they've done nothing just screams mid-table to me, probably between 8th and 12th. Conversly, I see Rovers finishing around 8th or 9th. A slight improvement from last year, but not by too much.

Edit -

Removed Pedersen stats until I get a second source - something seems odd about that one.

Might as well throw my predicted table in here as well:

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

6. Everton

7. West Ham

8. Blackburn

9. Portsmouth

10. Newcastle

11. Reading