Sidwell: 4

Blackburn's top scorers last year:

McCarthy: 18

Nonda: 7

Pedersen: 6

Derbyshire: 5

Bentley: 4

Roberts: 4

Seems to me both teams had a reliance of one person getting the bulk of their goals last season TBH.

Edited by Rabid Wolverine

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think 19-20 are kinda unavoidable, 18 isn't. What made Fulham a surviving team under Chris Coleman was the fact that they took risks. Rather than play for a draw, they went for a win, regardless of the team they played. Sanchez just plays long-ball. The last five games of the season really didn't give me any form of hope for them, in fact, had Liverpool not fielded a shitty team against them then they may not even be here right now. Also, I don't think the players they bought are gonna save them from relegation.

Personally, my problem with Coleman was that he couldn't grind out results. From the players Sanchez is buying (a couple of good defenders to shore up the defence, and several attacking players) and from the friendlies I've seen us in thus far, he looks more willing to play a short passing game than some people suggest of him, but I know that if he does that, and we need a plan b, Sanchez would be the kinda manager that will get us results when it comes down to it by playing decent route one football.

When you are down near the bottom, its not about playing pretty football, winning some games handily and getting stuffed otherwise, its about getting the points however you can. Hell, it worked long enough for Wimbledon, and I'd like to believe we have players who can offer a bit more beside that.

Edited by Liam Byrne

I think this year is Liverpool's chance really to challenge Man Utd and Chelsea for the title, however I still think that they will finish 3rd, only just behind Man Utd and Chelsea pointswise. I cant see any of the promoted teams staying up however Sunderland are moving in the right direction with the signing of Mido.

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

-------------------------------------

Tottenham

Newcastle

Man City

Aston Villa

Everton

Blackburn

Portsmouth

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Reading

Fulham

Wigan

Bolton

-------------------------------------

Birmingham

Sunderland

Derby

He signed for Sunderland yesterday.

I know you don't want to believe it, but sorry. You really do have the world's laziest footballer up front. Quite how that's moving "in the right direction", I dunno. Mido can never be arsed to move in any direction.

Edited by Farmer Reil

My predictions. This is gonna look so bad come May.

1 Man U

2 Chelsea

3 Liverpool

4 Tottenham

5 Newcastle

6 Arsenal

7 Everton

8 Blackburn

9 Aston Villa

10 Portsmouth

11 Reading

12 Middlesboro

13 West Ham

14 Man City

15 Sunderland

16 Bolton

17 Fulham

18 Wigan

19 Birmingham

20 Derby

bbc.co.uk

safc.com

football365.com

skysports.com

None of them are mentioning us being linked to Mido, so I'm expecting them just to be unfounded rumours made up by someone and sent to the newspaper. We don't need Mido, I can't see why we'd sign him. We're signing Roy O'Donovan from Cork for possibly £350k, we have Chopra, Stokes, John etc. I don't see why we need Mido at all, and since nowhere credible is reporting it, I'm not believing it.

Also apparently a possible deal for Craig Gordon is back on. We could really use a goalkeeper, and Gordon is one of the best young goalkeepers around. Plus I like Hearts so I'd like to see him come to us from a team I like <_<