Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

...And yet another Warner howler apparently. Had a great game against Arsenal, and now two buck up's in as many games.

I haven't seen the one today, but to be honest, the one against Bolton was as much about the conditions as anything....and he made some excellent saves later on. Same happened today apparently, with him making a few excellent saves, shame about the howler.

lol, Fulham should've had a second there. The ball was a metre over the line.

I'm not a Fulham fan by any means but when I saw the replay of that I screamed. Absolutely stunning decision not to count that.

Again, not seen it yet, but I was gutted. Watching Soccer Saturday, they went to Chris Kamara, and he thought they had scored, the crowd were going nuts, the caption even changed to give Fulham the goal, only for them then to realise the ref hadn't given it, and nor the linesman.

From the sounds of it, we were playing well, but with McBride dislocating his kneecap when scoring and then Bouazza (who was pissing all over Boro from the sounds of it) then dislocating his shoulder, its gutting to lose a game we should have won.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. I also watched the game live and didn't think we deserved to go a goal down before half time, but we did, and we never looked good enough after that. I'm excited by the prospect of Fernandes and Yakubu arriving though, we've got a very good base to build off and I think this squad should get us into a good position (6th/7th) and no worse by January. So good times.

To be fair it wasn't just missing chances, he was completely off the pace.

Oh, I wouldn't say he's been great since signing, far from it. He certainly hasn't done anything to justify what all the hype has been about at Utd as yet. Saying that though, for 3 games running it's been about the final ball. Shit.

And on the rare occasion that it is a good ball across the box, you see about 4 red shirts sliding in as the ball skids wide.

United were all over us for the first 30 of the first half and the first 25 of the second half, but our defense, especially Dunne and Richards(MoM for me), were absolutely immense. Kasper looked pretty good aside from one spill. Thought we did well to rebound after losing Bojinov just 5 minutes. Maybe a harsh scoreline, but I fucking hate the Rags so I'm ok with it. We're top, even if it is just three games in.

United were all over us for the first 30 of the first half and the first 25 of the second half, but our defense, especially Dunne and Richards(MoM for me), were absolutely immense. Kasper looked pretty good aside from one spill. Thought we did well to rebound after losing Bojinov just 5 minutes. Maybe a harsh scoreline, but I fucking hate the Rags so I'm ok with it. We're top, even if it is just three games in.

I don't think there's any doubting that Richards was man of la match today. If anyone has him in their Fantasy Footy side, expect to get MoM points from him tomorrow. If he isn't/wasn't awarded MoM, then I'd like to see who they gave it to. Dunne came close (always good against United it seems) but they can't give it to Geovanni just on the basis of his goal, can they? :ohwell:

I don't think there's any doubting that Richards was man of la match today. If anyone has him in their Fantasy Footy side, expect to get MoM points from him tomorrow. If he isn't/wasn't awarded MoM, then I'd like to see who they gave it to. Dunne came close (always good against United it seems) but they can't give it to Geovanni just on the basis of his goal, can they? :ohwell: