Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Am I the only one who didn't like VI? I started with VIII, completely hated it, then someone showed me VII. I loved VII, still do, and then I beat IX before I even got around to beating VIII, then I tried to tackle VI. I also really enjoyed the job system in V, but I just hated VI. Granted, I didn't get very far if I remember correctly, but I couldn't even push myself through it.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like playing a 'modern' Final Fantasy from my collection, I recompleted FFX recently, am playing through IX for other reasons, don't have nor want FFXI and really can't be bothered with FFXII at the mo, so somebody decide between VII, VIII, or X-2 for me <_>

Music is one of the best things of Final Fantasy, but without Nobuo it's just not the same.

Woaaaah, when did Nobuo stop writing FF music?

He's done occasional tracks (like three or four per game, usually the main theme), but he hasn't done the full soundtrack or anywhere near since IX, which was his last main game, he shared duties in ten with two other composers but that was mainly in a 'mentor' role where he would judge their music and give them pointers.

Have you guys noticed how easy it is to abuse the gambit system in XII? You can easily abuse it and leave the game on overnight racking up EXP and money. It's kinda shit.

After reading this thread, I decided to give FFIX another chance. I'm really surprised some people view it as highly, or higher even, than VII or VIII.

So far. I'm having a bitch of a time getting past The Black Waltz and his seal thing in the Ice Cavern. The characters are much more enjoyable than I remember though.

After reading this thread, I decided to give FFIX another chance. I'm really surprised some people view it as highly, or higher even, than VII or VIII.

So far. I'm having a bitch of a time getting past The Black Waltz and his seal thing in the Ice Cavern. The characters are much more enjoyable than I remember though.

It's not a matter of viewing it higher than another to me, it's personal preference. VII is easilly the best game, so replayable and memorable, but the style and characters of Final Fantasy IX make it my favourite.

It's not a matter of viewing it higher than another to me, it's personal preference. VII is easilly the best game, so replayable and memorable, but the style and characters of Final Fantasy IX make it my favourite.