Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

I am currently playing Oblivion and rented Assassins Creed, but once I am done/get bored with Oblivion, my newly bought FF IX will be entering the PS2 (I had a burnt copy...please don't kill me)....I started playing it again not too long ago, and didn't get too far, just past the Ice Cavern.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IX's not about the battle system (though to me it's the perfect one barring an altered FF7 system or FFX's system, heck FF battle systems rock the house), it's about characters, story, old and new, duality, the question of existence and all that deep stuff you wouldn't expect from a video game

And, yaknow, non-sensical last bosees.

Actually, fuck it, I adored Necron.

IX's not about the battle system (though to me it's the perfect one barring an altered FF7 system or FFX's system, heck FF battle systems rock the house), it's about characters, story, old and new, duality, the question of existence and all that deep stuff you wouldn't expect from a video game

And, yaknow, non-sensical last bosees.

Actually, fuck it, I adored Necron.

ACTUALLY Necron I discovered recently was a nod to something else (I forget what), but he did seem to come from nowhere, but from a story standpoint, he, as death, is the direct opposite to the "Life" theme of the game. Apparently the Japanese translation did a much better job explaining his presence.

For a bit more info, click hnyah!

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

Necron is fucking bad-ass...he seems a little out of nowhere, but he does make a bit of sense. Could have done with a LITTLE more explanation, though.

Personally, he ties into my theory that IX was a send-off to all the earlier Final Fantasy games, and he can be seen as essentially the one overpowering evil force, the opposite of the Life/Love/Unity theme that runs throughout the series, and specifically throughout IX. He's kind of like WEAPON, but on a much huger scale.

Also, I wish I could read Japanese, because even without understanding a word of it the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega guide is the most bad-ass thing in the world.

I finally did Draklor, but I messed up. Its a great place to get a ton of chains and xp once you get to the top (go back down to the next floor, kick ass, go back up and use the save crystal if you need to, then go fight the boss eventually), but I decided to go fight Cid instead of using it as a place to level up and get loot.

I put a stop to Cid's special attack by equipping Basch with the accessory that reverses items and tossing a remedy at him after I took his Rooks down; the only status effect that stuck was silence, but it let me mess him up big time afterward. (I changed accessories after hitting him with the remedy)

Guess I should probably wait a bit more to do Hunt Club, though......

Damn I hate running out of Gil near the end of FFIX. I need it to buy the Magical Fingertip. Why does everything have to be so expensive? :(

You're a git, you're doing the FFVIII diary and playing IX, I'm doing the IX one and playing VIII (albeit only because I lent IX out to a friend).

Aaaaaand Subterra continues to be a pain in the ass. Level 72 and I'm still getting royally fucked in the ass whenever I go down. I had 6 Abbandon's attack at once, and there was no hope for me at all. I did, however, manage to get rid of Ixion, altho he popped up out of nowhere and nearly had my number. But hey, Disablga + 2,000 damage per hit is a dangerous combination. Then it just made it worse when he managed to Silence my entire team and put 2 of them to sleep. Didn't take too long to beat him, there weren't much of a HP gauge to him, so he went down pretty solidly after about 6-7 minutes.

Leaves me with only Behemoth King, The Seer and Yiazmat left to get rid of, and I have no plans to go for any of them until around level 80.

Problem is, only three of my guys are level 72 (Ashe, Vaan and Penelo), whilst my other three are lagging behind in the mid 60s. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to build them up too, or just keep my main three.

Also, that sword you get for killing Ixion; the Ragnarok, is supremely awesome. It's not as pretty as the Save the Queen, but it so much more powerful. And I'm close to getting the Tournesoul/Sunflower sword too, just need one more Serpentarius and one more Empryean Soul and 600,000 gil (I figure I'll manage it after collecting the bounty for Behemoth King) and I'll be pretty unstop-able.

Okay, so... I've sold my PS2 for buckets of cash (okay, £70) and I'll be getting the shiny PS3 for Christmas this year. One thing I've not been able to work out, because the literature's so confusing - will I be able to play PS/PS2 games on the thing? Specificially want to know for the FF games, because I refuse to sell/part with any of them.

Don't wanna be pissed off with a console that won't let me enjoy Cloud and Squall's hijinx, and stare at Freya's ass appreciate Freya's qualities as a person.

<_<

Fran's a computer generated rabbit with the most annoying voice in the world ever, who's also horrendously useless as far as a Final Fantasy character goes, but I'd still tap it.

But with Fran she's extremely human bar the ears, and she shows her ass, Freya is a big anthropomorphic rat who you never see more of than her red dress thing. Having said that, if you like Freya then you probably will like the outfit I chose for her in IX-2 <_>

Fran's a computer generated rabbit with the most annoying voice in the world ever, who's also horrendously useless as far as a Final Fantasy character goes, but I'd still tap it.

But with Fran she's extremely human bar the ears, and she shows her ass, Freya is a big anthropomorphic rat who you never see more of than her red dress thing. Having said that, if you like Freya then you probably will like the outfit I chose for her in IX-2 <_>

Freya may not have been very attractive, but boy, was she badass. Her, Amarant and Vivi were probably my favourite characters.

You know as much as I love IX, there may never be as many useless main characters as Freya and Amarant. They're just....there. Hell they should have just let us do the whole game with Zidane, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet. That would have fucking rocked.

Freya's story really needed expanding on (at the very least where Fratley was concerned) and the whole Burmecia/Cleyra history needed to be given a lot more backstory. Amarant was there simply to contrast everyone else, a loner who joins a group of people and even in the end he doesn't quite fit in with them, but he does begin to understand, his story was meant to be minimal to keep his 'mysterious warrior' garb up.