Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random battles fucking suck. Why would you want to bring them back? I can't even go back and play older Final Fantasies because that goddamn random battle crap is so annoying.

Random battles fucking suck. Why would you want to bring them back? I can't even go back and play older Final Fantasies because that goddamn random battle crap is so annoying.

I don't understand that thinking, to me random battles are brilliant, you don't have to do the 'spawning' thing for monsters and it's one of those things where if you're low on life you're praying not to be involved in a random battle, but you just know it'll happen, it's part of the fun.

I agree, I struggled to get through half of FFXII just because of the battle system and gave up everytime. I always enjoyed Final Fantasy because of the random battles, I agree it was a trademark of the series.

Benji/someone else, I looked around a little and couldn't find much on FFXII, care to give those of us some info on how the battle system plans on working?

I agree, I struggled to get through half of FFXII just because of the battle system and gave up everytime. I always enjoyed Final Fantasy because of the random battles, I agree it was a trademark of the series.

Benji/someone else, I looked around a little and couldn't find much on FFXII, care to give those of us some info on how the battle system plans on working?

I assume you mean XIII?

Basically from what I gather they're trying to make it more Advent Children-esque and put it into a more 'real time' setting and putting 'combos' into it to some degree. For more info click here. It just feels like they might as well take away the name 'RPG' and go full scale Action/Adventure game because it doesn't look like it'll feel RPG-esque at all.

Random battles are the fucking balls to me, they're annoying as she and I'm glad to see them gone, and I hope they stay that way too. If they need to go back to the classic way of doing a battle (oh hey, let's pause the game every minute, make it load up a scene that wastes time.. and do it over, and over again) I'd prefer it to be the way that the latest Dragon Quest game did it at least. The way that FFXII worked though was perfect for me, felt a lot more real and way smoother than the way things had been handled before.

I don't feel it needs its own thread, and not directly related...

But anyone here interested in Lost Odyssey? Coming out randomly at different times this month.

I enjoyed FFXII for what it was, but with Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu and countless former Square employees involved with Lost Odyssey it looks to be more of a Final Fantasy (for me at least) than XII was.

Only complaints I've seen levied at it in a few reviews I've seen are "the combat and adventuring was old and repetitive". Seems people hate turn based JRPGs anymore, and everything must be real time western oriented like Mass Effect and Oblivion (neither of which I much liked at all).

I don't feel it needs its own thread, and not directly related...

But anyone here interested in Lost Odyssey? Coming out randomly at different times this month.

I enjoyed FFXII for what it was, but with Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu and countless former Square employees involved with Lost Odyssey it looks to be more of a Final Fantasy (for me at least) than XII was.

Only complaints I've seen levied at it in a few reviews I've seen are "the combat and adventuring was old and repetitive". Seems people hate turn based JRPGs anymore, and everything must be real time western oriented like Mass Effect and Oblivion (neither of which I much liked at all).

Never even heard about it >_

too bad its 360 exclusive and i got rid of my 360 :(

EDIT: I forgot how stressful FFVII can be... went in, beat the Lost Number to get the key to Vincent... got Vincent... making my way back OUT of the mansion and everyone dies... game over... have to start the whole mansion over again.

Edited by JairusCain

So, I don't know if this qualifies as a double post considering I last posted a couple days ago...

But anyways... what would everyone's average levels be in FFVII around the time you go to the Gold Saucer the second time? (The time in which Cait Sith is caught giving the Keystone to the Turks)

Revenant Wings got its PAL release the other day, it's quite fun, even though I haven't completed FFXII I sat down to play it, it's like the bastard child of FFXII and FF Tactics (amusingly all set in the same world) and it works very nicely, it's nothing mind blowing, but it's an RPG I could just sit down and blast out a battle and then save and turn off, which is especially nice for the DS.