Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Yay for getting back into FF IX. With Oblivion the only 360 game I own that I have yet to beat, I decided to start playing FF IX again. I started about a month ago, and stopped just as I got to Lindbulm. Almost at the Festivle of the Hunt! Woo!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? why? I love it. I love the festivle (Zidane always wins, although Freya has been close...). I can't remember, I know Zidane gets gil if he wins, and I know Vivi gets a card....but what about Freya? And how do you get Vivi to win?

I think it would be possible, if you know EXACTLY how to do everything, if you're a good enough strategist to not require too much in the way of power levelling, and if you don't fluff about talking to NPCs or doing any side quests at all....but what would be the point? The reward is far less than the enjoyment you'd get from playing the game through properly.

Incidentally, fuck re-playing VIII, I bought XII for a tenner today. Huzzah!

You can easily get the accessory later, if you haven't already from the Synth shop in Lindblum (among others). The card Vivi wins is the same one that's in one of the Chocograph chests.

Now you might be asking "So how do I get <insert name here> to win?" Well, when you start to fight the Zaghnol Freya will jump in and attack with you. You will then have control of both her and Zidane. The Zaghnol has around 1,500 HP. Use this number to your advantage. Have both Freya and Zidane attack. When he gets low on HP, if you want Freya to win have Zidane steal while Freya attacks. If you want Zidane to win have Freya defend and Zidane attack. If you want Vivi to win then have Freya kill Zidane, and have Freya defend while the Zaghnol attacks her.

I managed to get the Excalibur II, but then I've played FFIX so many times, I play it more for something to do these days than to complete it. I only saved at the end of each disc and after I got the sword and did literally minimal work to get there, only levelling up when totally necesarry, it took a few deaths between the discs, but it's easilly managable so long as you know how to upgrade your characters and weapons.

Ok. I'm bored and trying to sort my abysmal sleep patterns out by staying up through the night. I've been playing FF7 but I just keep thinking more and more about how I want a new FF to play, one that I haven't seen before and will surprise me in the way the old ones used to. I then kick myself for forgetting that I still have XII stashed away. Now, problem is, I've had it since about a month after release and have tried to get games going on 2 seperate occasions. The first time I only got up to that underground bit after the prison and second time I got to the part where you rescue the Princess from the airship, so not very far in. For some reason, both times I couldn't really get into it. I enjoyed the story, but it just didn't grab me the same way 7,8,9,10, even X-2 all did when I started them.

Basically, I'm looking for inspiration. EWB, tell me why I should get into XII again. Also, any particular pointers you could give that would help me to get into it more, would be lovely. For one thing, I remember finding myself horribly underlevelled at the boss fight on the airship.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

I really need to start FFXII, it's been sitting on my shelf for about three months, along with both Kingdom Hearts and Elder Scrolls : Oblivion, convince me EWB.