Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pretty close to the end the first time round (had Reddas in my party, and was just making my way through the Pharos), but decided to start again as I realized I had an awful party and had done jack shit to get anything good, which brings me to now.

I'm at 110hrs playtime, I've finished all but 3 of the hunts (The Seer, Behemoth King and, of course, Yiazmat), I'm making my way through the hidden espers (albeit very slowly), playing through the Rare Game Hunt Club and trying to get all the super super weapons, and in all honesty - i've never enjoyed a game more. For me, it even surpasses VII. The only thing I find slightly annoying is the levelling up, as it does take seemingly forever, and it is a bitch when you start getting to the mid 70s, taking about half hour per level.

I just want to be in the 90s so I can wipe the entire slate clean of every nasty in the game.

What lvl range should my characters be at before trying to fight Zeromus or Exodus in XII? I haven't tried Exodus yet but have done the floatweed puzzle to get to him, and I wasn't even able to get Zeromus down to half before I got wiped out (the Dark Lords are a serious pain in the ass) when I tried to fight him.

Both of them asbsolutely awful GFs, but the fights were ace.

Tonberry had some good support abilities, as I recall, but let's face it: that whole game was essentially a vehicle for Doomtrain. There was a period of time when I'd cue up "Crazy Train" every time I did that summon until I realized I was summoning him at the beginning of every fight. Still, if I could change one thing about that game, it'd definitely be to have Ozzy shout "ALL ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARD! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!" every time you use that summon.

Getting him was the hard part, but remember that back in those days, that was how Squaresoft moved strategy guides. Show of hands, and be honest: how many of you motherfuckers got Knights of the Round on your own without any help from the Internet, strategy guides, etc.? And I'm talking the whole track--the chocobo breeding, the greens, the nuts, the secret island, everything.