Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

17 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

@Frozen ForkI guess the one character per world restriction for trial accounts is no longer in place, because I started yesterday and have 3 characters on Marilith. None higher than level 4 yet, though. 

Apparently you can have up to 8 on any data center now. They've lifted the "World" restriction. Though they haven't updated their "Rules and Policies" page since 2020 as that still states 1 per world.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Frozen Fork said:

Apparently you can have up to 8 on any data center now. They've lifted the "World" restriction. Though they haven't updated their "Rules and Policies" page since 2020 as that still states 1 per world.

Well, I probably won't be subscribing once I hit the level 60 wall, anyway. I can't even afford to buy new games during Steam sales, and if I could subscribe to a game, I'd just reactivate my SWTOR subscription.

39 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Well, I probably won't be subscribing once I hit the level 60 wall, anyway. I can't even afford to buy new games during Steam sales, and if I could subscribe to a game, I'd just reactivate my SWTOR subscription.

So honestly, what's the sense? I mean it's your choice but the story barely gets going at 60, and you're wasting time with a game you'll never finish? Seems strange to me but you do you.

Where the heck do I get the quest chain for the Airship Pass? I read that I have to be at least level 15 to get it, and I've got a character that's almost 17 and hasn't been offered it. I need to switch cities to pick up a crafting skill.

19 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Where the heck do I get the quest chain for the Airship Pass? I read that I have to be at least level 15 to get it, and I've got a character that's almost 17 and hasn't been offered it. I need to switch cities to pick up a crafting skill.

It's part of the main story so just keep doing the story and you'll get it. The issue with it being an old game is that you'll be a much higher level than the main quest, especially if you do side quests. I think I was like level 25 with my newest characters doing level 15 main quests because I leveled so quickly.

Yeah I ended up doing Lv15 story missions when I was about Lv40. 😅

The hunting log missions are probably the most OP source of EXP in the earlier levels and I kind of went a little crazy on them.

(Though it also didn't help that I failed to distinguish the "this is a story mission" icon until embarrassingly late on. Spent ages doing random fetch quests and suddenly oh shit this one has a cutscene??)

Yeah the Hunting Log stuff is amazing for leveling up alt jobs except for the ones that don't have them...but honestly with those jobs it's pretty simple to just spam dungeons/fates and they level very quickly as well.

I finally got the character I'm using now to 50 this past week and unlocked my Samurai. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the original jobs. I love SAM, GNB and SAGE so much though.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, media hype shouldn't be taken as gospel, but all the previews for Final Fantasy XVI are looking very positive. Apparently, it's pretty much a full-fledged action game now with Devil May Cry-esque combat. It's just a pity it's the latest victim of third-party exclusivity cobblers.

I'll probably play it since the entire FFXV isn't involved. Not sure if it's a day one game for me with Tears of the Kingdom out around the same time.

Much like FFXV and FFXIV before they saved it, feels like the leadtimes on these games are making them feel like they're a few years behind the curve by the time they come out. I mean Stranger of Paradise basically did this a full year ago, and that had much less development time.

I'm not really in the Final Fantasy fanbase, but some of those who are seem as bad as Sonic fans at letting themselves get hurt over and over again. It doesn't seem particularly uncommon to see people who have disliked every mainline Final Fantasy game for the last twenty years, but still pre-order them all and convince themselves that the next one will finally bring them eternal happiness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm not really in the Final Fantasy fanbase, but some of those who are seem as bad as Sonic fans at letting themselves get hurt over and over again. It doesn't seem particularly uncommon to see people who have disliked every mainline Final Fantasy game for the last twenty years, but still pre-order them all and convince themselves that the next one will finally bring them eternal happiness.

Just tag me next time.

• Haha 5

qaksgsntxkla1.gif

Someone has been making "updated" version of FFIX graphics, and stuff like this makes me so happy. I would kill for remaster with visuals like this.

On 02/03/2023 at 02:21, Bobfoc said:

Agreed, I just wait for them to go down in price now and buy them later. They're very much not day one purchases for me any longer despite the franchise having numerous entries in my top games. The newer games just aren't my jam, perfectly cromulent games, but not what I want from FF, but it is what it is. I loved the FF7 remake, visually it was stunning and faithful, but it's still not what I wanted from gameplay, but after 20 years of wait I wasn't going to not get that day one and it's still a phenomenal experience at least.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Benji said:

qaksgsntxkla1.gif

Someone has been making "updated" version of FFIX graphics, and stuff like this makes me so happy. I would kill for remaster with visuals like this.

Agreed, I just wait for them to go down in price now and buy them later. They're very much not day one purchases for me any longer despite the franchise having numerous entries in my top games. The newer games just aren't my jam, perfectly cromulent games, but not what I want from FF, but it is what it is. I loved the FF7 remake, visually it was stunning and faithful, but it's still not what I wanted from gameplay, but after 20 years of wait I wasn't going to not get that day one and it's still a phenomenal experience at least.

There's rumors of a IX remake. And oh man, looking at that fan animation, I want that something fierce now. 

But, honestly, the classic FF feeling? Octopath Traveler feels like it's picking up that mantle, at least gameplay wise. 

• Like 2