Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Oooo I missed the news on this! Great stuff, starting to get that point where days are just going by without me actually managing to do anything of note, bar earning bells for Tom Nooks.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw someone post this on Reddit:

As someone who finished the game last night: stay the away from the internet if you want to avoid MAJOR SPOILERS. The game has more significant changes than people would imagine.

34 minutes ago, Your Mom's Side Chick said:

Why is my game preloading? 

Because internet slowdowns across the world would make it difficult for people to play day 1. Thankfully, mine was done (I think? I have yet to turn on my PS4 to confirm, but it's out of my download queue) before I got out of bed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm curious as to what this game looks like on a PS4 Pro. Graphically, it doesn't seem to be an absolute cutting edge game, especially when it comes to facial animations. I'm not bothered, though. It looks plenty good enough for me.

I'm playing it on PS4 Pro, some textures look a bit off but it's still a very beautiful game. Just loving how they've expanded out areas from what we originally knew. Wasted so much time just walking around the Sector 7 slums. 

• Like 1

I'm excited to play FF7 in a few days!

But! One of the most exciting things happened in FF14 tonight. My FC decided to run an old piece of content synced for someone... Moggle Mog Extreme. It was HARD. We wiped like...6-7 times. But we beat it! And I was basically the shot caller! When we won, that was a great feeling for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

It's good?

I'm enjoying it a lot. They've done some good work in expanding the scope of the original game and I like the combat. I could honestly take or leave the ATB from the first version of the game, and I usually prefer a more real-time style of fighting anyway, but I can understand if big FF7 fans aren't so happy. In any case, if you've played the demo, you know what to expect there.

A common complaint has been that the side-quests aren't great. I think that's fair, albeit it's not something that's bothered me. Most of the time, they amount to walking somewhere, fighting something and reporting back to the requester, which doesn't leave much room for variety, but they're usually short enough not to outstay their welcome. You're also given the option to fast travel to the sender after finishing the task, which is a nice quality-of-life feature.

Playing a remake is a particularly interesting experience because you know the broad strokes of what to expect, but you're always wondering how it's going to be executed in the new, extended format. Without spoiling anything, I can definitely say that there are parts that add emotional weight to previously known events, and I'm in favour of a lot of the little changes I've seen so far. Bigger fans of the original than me might have some quibbles, and I'm expecting a backlash among some of them, but I'm more than satisfied.

• Like 2