• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Chapter 4 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That was definitely a headscratcher. It's a shame they didn't reveal the surnames/real names of Biggs and Wedge too because I'd be interested to see what weird things they'd end up being. Regardless, I did like the visit to Jessie's parents' home. Learning about her backstory and resulting motivations was one of the things this remake does particularly well. Being able to explore the neighbourhood above the slums was a welcome addition too. It really highlighted how Midgar's class system works.

More Chapter 4 spoilers:

Spoiler

Roche is full on anime villain and I am here for it. The maniacal laugh, the constant motorbike puns, the hair.

I'm very much a FFVII purist and I didn't know how I felt about them adding in brand new characters but god damn, what a guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

More Chapter 4 spoilers:

Hide contents

Roche is full on anime villain and I am here for it. The maniacal laugh, the constant motorbike puns, the hair.

I'm very much a FFVII purist and I didn't know how I felt about them adding in brand new characters but god damn, what a guy.

Don't read unless you've finished chapter 4:

Plus him helping you escape so he can have a future fight with you? I am here for it! Plus, it's nice seeing another SOLDIER and what they can do. Even if it was crazy shit and flips with a motorcycle.

9 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Don't read unless you've finished chapter 4:

Hide contents

Plus him helping you escape so he can have a future fight with you? I am here for it! Plus, it's nice seeing another SOLDIER and what they can do. Even if it was crazy shit and flips with a motorcycle.

Spoiler

I got real Metal Gear vibes from him. He reminds me a bit of Ocelot in Snake Eater.

• Like 1

I can't bring myself to buy this game. I was all hyped for it when it was announced and it looks really cool but just reading stuff in this thread makes me realize how far away it is from the original and I've just lost any hype that I had previously.

1 minute ago, Sir Fork Windrunner said:

I can't bring myself to buy this game. I was all hyped for it when it was announced and it looks really cool but just reading stuff in this thread makes me realize how far away it is from the original and I've just lost any hype that I had previously.

Get it.

There's new stuff, and it's different, and they've changed things, sure. But it's also blowing me away with just how faithful it is to a lot of the stuff from the original. It's a new, modern take, but not in a bad way at all. I've genuinely had a massive smile on my face throughout my playthrough so far, and more often than not it's because of the way in which it compliments the original.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Benji said:

Jules' pull up challenge can fuck right off. All the other gym challenges? No problem, Jules' is absurd, I swear the game moves them faster than is possible.

And you don't even get a wig he'd stuffed down his trousers as a consolation prize.

• Like 1