Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a week and I still can't get the German national team to activate.... I know it's not a big thing but that whole thing bugs me.

All I did was move the fake.inc folder from the 800 folder (I think it was) somewhere else and Germany worked fine for me.

Oddly, I have done this... Nothing.

I edited the file... Nothing.

It's weird...

I think you need to start a new game, I am not too sure though :ohwell:

Nah, don't think you need to. When I was making the relevant changes to my Germany/Japan etc sides to get them working, I was loading a previously saved game (if I recall) to see if it'd worked or not.

It's been a week and I still can't get the German national team to activate.... I know it's not a big thing but that whole thing bugs me.

All I did was move the fake.inc folder from the 800 folder (I think it was) somewhere else and Germany worked fine for me.

It's weird...

I've finished my first full season on FM...ever, seeing as it's the first time I've bought it.

I finished 3rd in the League with Utd behind Chelsea and Liverpool. Was just 3pts separating the 3 of us by the end. I'm currently in Pre-Season now in 08/09. I made a bold decision to offload Vidic, and only time will tell whether it pays off or not. Real offered around £12m for him, so I just upped it to £17m, thinking they'd pull out; they never.

I've brought Maduro in as a replacement. Again, only time will tell whether he'll be good enough, although in the 3 Pre-Season games he's played he's got 7 or above.

And now Roma have offered £26m for Evra. I would accept, but it's over 24 months, and to be honest, I probably won't be in the job that long if I don't win the league this season, and there's nobody who can replace Evra tbf. -_-

It's weird...

Nah, don't think you need to. When I was making the relevant changes to my Germany/Japan etc sides to get them working, I was loading a previously saved game (if I recall) to see if it'd worked or not.

maybe you need to reset the cache or whatever in preferences menu, like you have to do when you add face packs etc.. :)

Nothing I try seems to work.

CURSE YOU FM08 AND VISTA :shifty:

I also seem to have no money available for transfers yet I was given a budget.

It would be foolish for me to try and buy Ronaldo when I don't really have any proper wingers in my 4-3-1-2 formation of choice, but damn it, I kind of want to anyway. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

It's weird...

just finished 1st season as Everton, 1st time I have ever played a footy manager game :)

Undefeated season, won Premiership, UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup, got Man United in Community Shield.

Signed:

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - £12.25M

Mika Aaritalo - £500K

Ali Karimi - £1M

Sold:

Yakubu - £5.75M

Patrick Boyle - £450K

Nuno Valente - £1.1M

Iain Turner - £850K

^_^

Edited by Sick N Twisted

It's weird...

maybe you need to reset the cache or whatever in preferences menu, like you have to do when you add face packs etc.. :)

Nothing I try seems to work.

CURSE YOU FM08 AND VISTA :shifty:

I also seem to have no money available for transfers yet I was given a budget.

I'm pretty sure I've had to start a new game to see the effects of deleting/modifying the fake.lnc file in FM07.

I don't think I did on FM07, I modified the file and it worked, because I was playing the same game right up until I got FM08.

On FM08... I've modified the file and it hasn't worked.

Need opinions :)

I am playing as Everton as you probably know, and 2nd season transfer window is now open, I signed Michael Johnson from Man City since he was unhappy there and is labeled as a 'wonderkid' and Steven Pienaar since he played great last season when I had him on loan.

now onto where I need an opinion. Leighton Baines who is doing great at left back for me is valued at £6M, Man United have offered me £11M for him, shall I accept or reject? I have currently stalled on making a decision (Y)

Need opinions :)

I am playing as Everton as you probably know, and 2nd season transfer window is now open, I signed Michael Johnson from Man City since he was unhappy there and is labeled as a 'wonderkid' and Steven Pienaar since he played great last season when I had him on loan.

now onto where I need an opinion. Leighton Baines who is doing great at left back for me is valued at £6M, Man United have offered me £11M for him, shall I accept or reject? I have currently stalled on making a decision (Y)

I'd negotiate and put it up to whatever you please. If they really want him, they'll meet your demands.

...As I found out when Real matched the 17m I asked for the 9m rated Vidic ...and the 26.5m Inter matched for my 8.5m Evra.

any recomendations? ^_^

and shit :angry: Alan Irvine decided to leave Everton as Assistant Manager and join Tottenham so I signed Rob Witschge as a replacement ^_^ he said Baines is best senior defender :P

For a LB, it's either Fabio or Rafael...should now be at Utd in your game. When they joined me after the arranged transfer they were both playing brilliantly. One of them can play at LB...not sure which. Both are good, but very young. I'd recommend signing them if you can, even if it is to keep them for a few years and send them out on loan.