Football Manager 2008

Dan

I wish there was a way to turn off the background logos, they annoy the fuck out of me and I can't even delete them anymore as they're not in the program files for some reason. Bad SI, bad. :@

Also, these new flags are fucking gay.

Edited by The Kraig

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are... I usually only run one nation at a time though, so I'm probably not in a position to properly judge.

And yay, Ashton finally scores for Villa after failing to do so in ten freakin' hours of play. A brace against Blackburn. ^_^

Edited by stokeriño

Yeah I saw him go to Arsenal in most games I started in the demo. Chelsea still had a hardon for Adriano though.

I noticed that its not really much faster for me than 07. Saving and loading yeah, but I always found that quick at the start, its when youre 10+ years in, the save files are huge and take ages. Either way, with a decent amount of leagues running, it doesnt seem to be that much faster.

What the hell did they do to the match engine?

The world renowned dribble king Graeme Murty just walked, literally walked past four of my defenders, stopped about 10 yards out from goal, waited three seconds, then unleashed what can only be described as an Intercontinental Ballistic Missle past Steve Harper.

Then again, it is the Newcastle defence :shifty:

Also, defenders appear to keep launching defensive long throws behind there own defensive line for opposition strikers to run onto.

Every so often I get the 'highlight' for when my players kick off, and the guy just stands there and...wobbles, rather than pass it to anybody, until one of the opposition players waltzes in and takes it from his feet. Must have seen it at least 5 times now.

Guest Zeokage

Besides the fact that I'm working waay too often at the moment. Would it be better to wait more purposely for the first patch before playing the game for the first time? Save games generally do not take on all the changes made with a patch.

I'm playing Gretna until I get patched/buy the damn game properly. I decided to make my team into a wingers/target man team but had a complete lack of a decent target man. Except for a french striker in the reserves who had quite mediocre stats. Mickael Buscher.

However he did really well for us in our battle against relegation. He played all but 2 of our league games, got 18 goals and 12 assists. He even had a barren spall of some 11 hours during that time so he really turned his season around. He even got the only goal in my greatest victory, after going 2 men down away at Motherwell we went backs to the wall but found ourself in the rare position of being in their half moments from the final whistle. My left winger crosses and Buscher bundles it over the line. Fantastic.

We managed to stay up by a good margin despite massive discipline problems. I think we had about 13 red cards, including 4 against Rangers. We played some decent football too, our games always seemed to be exciting, lots of 3-3's and 3-2's. We scored quite a lot given our final place of 11th but we conceded tons, like 80+. :shifty: Still, the board was pretty pleased with me since I kept them up and got into the next round of both cups (some people are easily pleased) until we moved back to our own stadium. That set us back about £2m and left me incurring the wrath of the board for 'not caring about our financial state'. FUCK YOU, YOU SPENT ALL THAT MONEY, NOT ME. I WAS MAKING PROFITS! :@

Goodbye transfer and wage budgets for the next season but I still managed to secure a couple of decent players like Christian Dailly and Patrick Berger to accompany the players i'd added already like Charlie Miller and Dado Prso. People are sniffing around my youth squad and I may have to sell them to keep the board sweet.

So yeah, having fun thus far. Funny thing though, my plan is to start a Wigan game at some point and when they were considering Hutchinson's place in this game (They finished 20th I think) I was amongst the possible candidates. Is it a sign?

So am I the only person to find this game ridiculously hard? Started a game with West Ham, and I was absolutely abysmal. No idea why, the squad was good if not great, yet somehow we get to December and with only one win I'm sacked. I can't believe it. I haven't been sacked on a Football Manager game in 9 years. And I was like 9 then. I can't believe this.

I find it rather hard too but I haven't been good at an FM/CM game since 01/02

I have an Aberdeen game currently which is a bit better

Still got mauled by Rangers/Celtic and Dinamo Bucharest =/

EDIT:

I have also just been beaten 1-0 by Dunfermline... :thumbsdown:

Edited by Cadj