Football Manager 2008

Dan

Odd cause I deleted that file and I still have the germans masked and Jens Mustermann for Oliver Kahn.

You're not meant to delete the file, just open it with notepad and edit the 1's to 0's or vice versa IIRC.

I did this and nothing happened... It's a small point that will still bother me :shifty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Fulham team was lucky that it got a decent start, as it has been pretty much downhill from there onwards. Should survive, which is all they needed me to do, so thats ok by me.

My team are playing shocking though, although I sold Kamara and brought in a Paraguayan striker, who has scored 3 in 3 and could help me turn it around. I'm also lucky I still have McBride about, as he has been far and away my top scorer.

You are lucky, I didn't even get on there.

...Yeah, it took me clicking one of the "latest" threads displayed on the FM site to get on there. I think they'll probably post on the FM site when a date is confirmed.

Pissing me off how we're not being told anything though.

Edited by Baddar D

Anyone else notice that, no matter what team you play as, your reserve squad is always shit? I look at the coach reports for the reserves and, with the exception of a couple of players at most, the report always recommends I "offload them as soon as possible".

They always said that in FM07, though (in my experience anyway). I get the impression that unless this 17 year old kid is absolutely magical and already giving Fabregas a run for his money, the coaches just shit on him.

But since I'm Arsenal at the moment, all my kids ARE magical. Clearly. :shifty:

Stoker, how are you doing with Arsenal, despite having Owen and Nasri along with the rest, i'm finding it increasingly difficult to get the ball into the net. The fans aren't happy when i draw 0-0 with Sunderland.

Pretty well actually. Current state of affairs runs thusly:

Date: October 23rd 2007 (actually today, aha)

Premier League

Played 8, Won 7, Drew 0, Lost 1, Goal Difference +9 (16 for, 7 against). 2nd in the table one point behind Everton, who I have 2 games in hand over.

Carling Cup

Lost 2-1 to Southampton in the 3rd Round. :( The board were not pleased.

Champions League

Lost 1-0 at home to Ajax before beating Lazio 2-0 away. My next match is away to Dinamo Kiev.

Goal Scorers

Robin van Persie - 5 (would have more but was injured for 3 weeks)

Theo Walcott - 5

Tomas Rosicky - 3

Francesc Fabregas - 2

Gilberto Silva - 2

Eduardo - 2

Emmanuel Adebayor - 2

Michael Owen - 1

Denilson - 1

William Gallas - 1

So yeah, not hurting for goals at the moment, with a good share coming from midfield as well as up front. Although frankly Owen's failing to produce at the moment - the fans are starting to think he's a bad signing. ¬_¬

Stoker, how are you doing with Arsenal, despite having Owen and Nasri along with the rest, i'm finding it increasingly difficult to get the ball into the net. The fans aren't happy when i draw 0-0 with Sunderland.

Premier League

Played 8, Won 7, Drew 0, Lost 1, Goal Difference +9 (16 for, 7 against). 2nd in the table one point behind Everton, who I have 2 games in hand over.

The real question is...How many disallowed goals have you had?

Premier League

I would look that up if they kept record of it. :(

Though at a guess...4?

Premier League

I would look that up if they kept record of it. :(

Though at a guess...4?

Do you own a patch that I don't? :shifty:

Portsmouthsineptitude.jpg

Jesus Christ Portsmouth, how inept can you possibly be? If you can't even capitalise on these kind of opportunities, I don't know how you got to 3rd in the table. <_>

Edit: And clearly, L.C.S, not playing van Persie is a huge, HUGE mistake.

Edited by stokeriño