Football Manager 2008

Dan

I officially suck at this game. I lost my first match with Leeds 3-0. To Northampton. At home.

Has anyone noticed their goalkeeper take the kick off from the second half. Ankergren did it for me before jogging back to his goal. Nothing really happened from it just seem quite weird

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing that grating me the most is your players won't close down whereas the CPU's will. I even tested it by having two managers against each other with tight marking and full closing down. I don't think a player went within 5 yards of another all match, it ended 6-4...

And Steve Harper couldn't stop a shot if his life depended on it and Given does nothing but parry shots back into the centre of the goal for the inevitable easy tap in.

Well I finished one season with Aston Villa...didn't want to continue with it lest I got really involved and didn't want to leave it once the new patch(es) come out. Limiting myself to one season per game for now seems reasonable, I think.

Pretty blah season. My league form went in stages of terrible - good - terrible - quite good - awful - great. Ended up finishing 9th, which the board were disappointed with. Got to the League Cup final though (lost to Chelsea) and Sixth Round in the FA Cup. I'd brought Makalele in for £800k during the January transfer window which helped shore up my midfield a bit. Dean Ashton ended the season with 18 goals which is okay, but not amazing given the £11m I paid for him.

So anyway - new game! Deciding that I might as well finish off the letter 'A' and continue downwards from there, I started a game as Arsenal. Summers signings include Michael Owen for £13m, Akinfeev for £15m, and Nicky Shorey for £7m. Sold Song to AC Milan for £5m, and have given a flat NO to all the people wanting Fabregas, Clichy, Gilberto Silva and others. Chose a 4-3-1-2 formation this time to take advantage of my attacking options, with Owen joining van Persie up front and Eduardo usually filling in the AMC role (and bagging most of the goals in the process!).

Early results include losing 2-1 away to Fernebahce (I always forget how they're spelt) in the Champions League 3rd Qualifiers...only to twat them 4-0 at home. Lazio, Ajax and, er, someone else coming up the group stage. An okay start to the league season with 4 wins and a loss. It's a refreshing change to the Villa game, I'll say that much. :shifty:

I think all the match engine problems stem from one simple fact: It has been supervised by Ray Houghton. It never really had a chance from there, did it.

On a serious note, I am finding my first season as Man Utd fairly easy actually. My main problem is trying to keep everyone happy, since I have Scholes, Hargreaves, Carrick and Fletcher all fit, trying to get into 2 CM positions, and Gibson is coming on in leaps and bounds according to Quieroz and needs some first team football. And also, Vidic and Evra are unhappy cus I told AC Milan and Barcelona to fuck off with their bids.

Still, can imagine it will be harder when I start my serious game as Cork City. Eircom League sucks, but damnit, I'm gonna bring us to Europe!

I read somewhere that the developers made it so that whoever downloads the game will get weird bugs like say Portugal and Holland qualify for World Cup 2012, then suddenly in the WC itself Luxembourg and San Marino are playing instead of them. They did this to make people buy the game. Luckily I haven't noticed anything.

Typical SI humour I might add. :lol:

Surprised they didn't make it so that Scotland win the World Cup or something EVERY YEAR.

That's your job Kraig.

I've never won it with Scotland, but I got to the knockout stages of the WC with Scotland before. I think Russia knocked me out. Cunts. I blame Akinfeev. They went on to win the whole thing as well. I again blame Akinfeev.

Cameroon won it almost entirely thanks to Eto'o in my most recent FM07 game.

I read somewhere that the developers made it so that whoever downloads the game will get weird bugs like say Portugal and Holland qualify for World Cup 2012, then suddenly in the WC itself Luxembourg and San Marino are playing instead of them. They did this to make people buy the game. Luckily I haven't noticed anything.

Which will be fixed in about a week. :P

Which will be fixed in about a week. :P