Football Manager 2008

Dan

CM01/02.

It's running fine without any other programs running, but I have 2GB of RAM so I shouldn't have any problems.

Have you tried it after doing this? I couldn't get it to start at all (kept on getting a "you don't have enough memory" every time I tried to start a new game. Now I can run it with no trouble.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CM01/02.

It's running fine without any other programs running, but I have 2GB of RAM so I shouldn't have any problems.

Have you tried it after doing this? I couldn't get it to start at all (kept on getting a "you don't have enough memory" every time I tried to start a new game. Now I can run it with no trouble.

Ellis told me to run in compatability mode for Windows 98/Me and it's worked perfectly. :)

I was in the mood for a bit of a challenge and decided to take over Reading because they have a pretty blank history. But in actual fact lol, it's turned out to be 1 of my best games on FM, well so far anyway lol. League cup semi-finalists, losing to Liverpool. Quarter Finals of the F.A Cup losing to Man Utd. I was 2nd-3rd in the league for ages but took only 7 points from my last 7 games which included the 'big' four, Newcastle and Spurs so i was disappointed with 5th in ways but not really lol.

Brought in Ricardo Rocha (2mill), Fabio Rochemback (5.1mill), Jose Goncalves from Hearts (2 mill plus a Sam Sodje), Darren Ambrose (2.8mill) and Flamini on a Season Long Loan. I can't remember exactly how much i had to spend but i sold Nicky Shorey to Portsmouth for 11 mill so that 1 sale gave me a lot of depth to the squad. Also sold Glen Little for 1.5 mill to Villa and a few other youngsters for small fees.

I only lost to Man Utd and West Ham at home all season in the league so home form was everything.

Season finished like this -

reading.jpg

Second season, even better lol. I was given 17 mill to spend after deciding to aim for a second season in Europe through my league position. I only really looked to strengthen my squad, Sonko is the only player i've had to sell, he was probz my best CB but got myself some covered, sold him to Portsmouth (they seem to like my players) for 7 mill but signed Ron Vlaar from Feyenoord for 6 mill and he's now made his way into the Holland squad in less then a season. I also signed, Matthew Taylor (4.8mill), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (2.3mill), Chris Kirkland (3mill), Abdoulaye Meite (1.8mill) and Luis Jimenez (5mill) with Lassana Diara on a Loan til the end of the season. Signed a Finnish youngster on a free and Van Der Berg from Arsenal on a free, he's played in all league cup games scoring 4 times from the bench and he's scored twice in the Uefa Cup.

I've got 11 games to go in the season and i'm currently 2nd on goal difference on 52 points with Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City all level on points. Man U are top and are basically home and dry, i'm 16 points behind them, they've lost only once.

Just lost my 5th round replay to Arsenal in the F.A Cup, i came back from 2-0 down but lost 1-0 at the Emirates, Chelsea knocked me out in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup. So in two seasons the 'big' four have ruined my cup dreams, bastards lol.

The Uefa Cup is good though, bit to good at the minute. The Group Stage saw me get Zaragoza, Feyenoord, Malmo and Levski, i finished 2nd behind Zaragoza. Beat Sevilla on away goals in the first knock-out stage, 1-1 at The Madjeski and 2-2 in Spain, i scored in the 94th minute, Kevin Doyle is a damn god send on this game lol and now i'm 2-0 up after the 1st leg against Bestikas and the next leg is at home so i maybe counting my chickens but i think i'm going to advance, gotta go play this now i'll post my progress in a bit :)

Edit: Drew 1-1 with Bestikas, so advance to the Quarters wooo lol, even rested 7 usual starting players so can't complain. There's 4 English teams left in the competition and i'm on the opposite side of the draw so could be an all English final, Man U have Portsmouth now and could meet Newcastle if they beat Zaragoza. I've gotta beat Olympiakos and then beat either Udinese or Marseille so, it's tough.

Here's my team at the minute;

GK: Chris Kirkland // Marcus Hahnenmann

DL: Benoit Assou-Ekotto // Jose Goncalves

DR: Liam Rosenior // Graham Murty

DC: Ron Vlaar // Andre Bikey

DC: Abdoulaye Meite // Ricardo Rocha

ML: Matthew Taylor // Stephen Hunt

MR: Darren Ambrose // Emerese Fae

MC: James Harper // Luis Jimenez

MC: Fabio Rochemback // Lassana Diarra

FC: Kevin Doyle // Dave Kitson

FC: Leroy Lita // Shane Long

Edited by new_era

What is it about Reading? My mate took them over and finished 4th but he did it by signing all the dirty little Brazilians and Romanians and selling half their team.

I'm now also England manager on my Liverpool game in 2016. World Cup qualification and I've got Denmark away in my first game, which is a bit of good and bad because Denmark are immense now, but at least I'm getting it out of the way. I have no idea who most of these players are, damn regens. But something about calling up an impressive Brazilian called Jorge and watching his nationality turn red and white makes me warm inside.

Who did they take points from? Because those guys should be fired.

They beat Mantova 1-0 and drew Lazio 0-0 both at home. I'm quite surprised that they managed to pick up not one but two clean sheets during the season.

Edited by Hardkore