Carling Cup Tonight

new_era

Well, what a match, our side, missing 3 key first team players plus other injuries just beat an extremely poor Sunderland side (save Anthony Stokes who looks good) 3-0 at the Kenny. We just completely outplayed them and everyone was playing on top form, it feels so good after last season. Just hoping for a decent draw. Also Paul Furlong appears to actually be not a bad signing, and I have been premature on my oppinion on Blackwell, maybe he's doing better than i expected.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Fernando Torres :wub:

Brilliant performance. I know it's only the Carling Cup, but he was awesome. Reading kicked the shit out of him for the entire game but he never stopped going. Anyone who said he'd be another Morientes are starting to look quite stupid.

Player Ratings:

Itandje: 6. Didn't have many saves to make, but was unconvincing on crosses. Completely misjudged the ball for their second, I don't think he'll be challenging Reina anytime soon.

Finnan: 7. Usual solid performance from Finnan.

Aurelio: 7. Looks like he might continue from where he left off. Got injured just as he was getting into his stride, but played really well. Could form our left flank with Arbeloa.

Carragher: 7. Again, usual Carra performance. Hoofs the ball over the top a bit too much for my liking, but that's just nitpicking.

Arbeloa: 7. At least we've got another centre back in case Hyypia/Carra get injured whilst Agger is out as well.

Benayoun: 7. Brilliant goal, and worked really hard. Ideal replacement for Luis Garcia, and more consistent as well.

Leto: 6. I don't know what to make of him. One minute he looks quick, the next he moves like a tank. Showed some promise but looked a bit off the pace for most of the game.

Sissoko: 8. The one issue I had with his game last season was his passing, but that's improved beyond recognition. Pops up everywhere and doesn't stop running. Momo is boss.

Lucas: 7/6. Good in the first half but was a passenger in the second. A good player though, I think he'll feature in most of the domestic cup games this season.

Crouch: 7. Does what he does best - bring everyone around him into the game. His performance deserved a goal.

Torres: 10. Brilliant. Strong, quick, worked hard and scored three superb goals. Should've had a penalty as well, Reading couldn't cope with him.

Haha.

Utd are losing. Come on, hold out Coventry, I'd love it.

I would have posted that, but found it irrelevant to mention :shifty:

Almost HT and Coventry are the much better side. Struggling to think where Utd are gonna get a goal, considering the only recognised Striker starting is Dong...and Campbell on the bench. Not much else by way of fire-power. Gonna be a long night me thinks.