Carling Cup Tonight

new_era

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shit performance from the sound of things, from some players that were quite highly thought of.

Still, the pundits who are questioning why the team didn't do as well as Chelsea or Liverpool need only look at the squads. Nani was the only player in the United starting line-up who plays at all regularly for the first team, and he's second choice behind Giggs and Ronaldo. Chelsea started or brought on nine players who featured at the weekend, and Liverpool played at least nine who make it into Rafa's rotating first team.

A shit performance from the sound of things, from some players that were quite highly thought of.

Still, the pundits who are questioning why the team didn't do as well as Chelsea or Liverpool need only look at the squads. Nani was the only player in the United starting line-up who plays at all regularly for the first team, and he's second choice behind Giggs and Ronaldo. Chelsea started or brought on nine players who featured at the weekend, and Liverpool played at least nine who make it into Rafa's rotating first team.

I think when you spend £30m on two players who are relatively unknown and un-tried at the highest level, unless they perform amazingly well to begin with, they're open to be called liability's. If they'd cost half as much, people would let them settle in before criticizing. £30m is alot of money, so I think they're being rightly criticized. Lets hope they come good like Evra and Vidic did...they were poor at first.

To be honest, the only Utd signing this season who has really impressed me so far is Owen "I love getting injured" Hargreaves.

"This is the beginning of the end for United. They have looked very average this season. I think Nani and Anderson were stupid buys."

ingathewinga from 606 clearly knows his stuff.

Still, I wish we had signed a certain Spanish forward who's adapting to the Premiership pretty well.

Full draw for the fourth round of the Carling Cup:

Luton Town v Everton

Portsmouth v Blackburn Rovers

Chelsea v Leicester City

Sheffield United v Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur v Blackpool

Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City

Coventry City v West Ham United

Liverpool v Cardiff City

I can dig that. :shifty:

Full draw for the fourth round of the Carling Cup:

Luton Town v Everton

Portsmouth v Blackburn Rovers

Chelsea v Leicester City

Sheffield United v Arsenal

Tottenham Hotspur v Blackpool

Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City

Coventry City v West Ham United

Liverpool v Cardiff City

I can dig that. :shifty:

Cock, we've got Arsenal.

Still, it's usually a close game (we seem to have a knack for drawing them in Cup competition and we have an okay record)