2007 Rugby World Cup

Slogger

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well England played South Africa in the group stage and lost 36-0.

Oh Right, that awnsers my question, lol :P

The final will definitely be a lot closer. Chances are South Africa will be the team scoring the Tries, England scoring the Penalties and Drop Goals...that's what they do :shifty:

...and there's nothing wrong with kicking penalties more than going for tries. Part of the game for years, and I can't stand anyone who moans about the manner of victorys, be it by the Welsh, English, French or Aussies. No team is there to entertain, they're there to win, and if a countries strengths is playing to kick more than try-scoring, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I was listening to 'Fighting Talk' on the bbc on Saturday (not as good as when Christian O'Connell was hosting it, but anyway), and I think it was Steve Bunce who mentioned that he is getting really annoyed with people asking him where he's watching the game that evening.

He said something like "If there's one place I certainly won't be watching it, it's down the pub. Full of non-rugby fans waiting for a rugby fan to cheer/clap or wahtever so that they know that what's just happened on the screen is a good thing for England or not. Everyone just looks out of the corner of their eye to see what the proper reaction should be then just joins in."

Obviously, he put it a lot better and funnier than that, but twas funny nonetheless...

Oh, what a conundrum. If South Africa win, I have to put up with this South African twat in my class going on about it forever despite the fact no one else in the class likes or follows Union. If England win, well, England winning something is never good, unless them winning is a better result than the opposition winning. But in this case it's not, so go Seth Efrika.

Argentina just beat France what, 34-10? Very entertaining match, even though there was loads of bad play. Argentina proved tonight what a great team they are. Their defence was great and France just couldn't finish the job when they had so many opportunites. Although Argentina got away with a good bit at the breakdown, a lot of the things they did were perfectly legal, people just think its not. Like people coming through in from the side and clobbering the scrum half. If he has his hands on, it's perfectly legal. Lots of hands on deck though, tbh. :P

Pity for Dominici, Ibanez and De Villiers to finish their careers like that, they've been great players. But for Pichot, what a great exit. Argentina's best player ever, he really deserved to end his career on a high note.

Contepomi, Hernandez and Corletto FTW!

Its bloody tight, but they look like they will make the chances to score, and take them.

Also, I know you want to keep the scoreboard ticking over, but didn't think Wilkinson should have gone for the drop goal earlier, when a chance to pressure for a try was on.