2007 Rugby World Cup

Slogger

By the sounds of Reily's post Australia haven't really picked up their scrums after their match with Wales, which is the last one I watched. If they didn't fix their scrums and lost because of it, then that's their own fault and they deserved to lose.

Having not watched the game, I thought England/Australia and France/New Zealand were both an absolute motherfuck of a surprise.

Now watch Fiji beat South Africa.

Edited by DoubleX

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I'm glad Australians get another four years to realise that before the hype engine makes them care again.

I don't care for the game of Union(and that goes for any level of the game, including internationals and even if we won the world cup I still wouldn't care) but I have to disagree with this. Super 14 is pretty big over here.

and I'm glad Australians get another four years to realise that before the hype engine makes them care again.

I don't care for the game of Union(and that goes for any level of the game, including internationals and even if we won the world cup I still wouldn't care) but I have to disagree with this. Super 14 is pretty big over here.

Argentina winning the whole tournament would be great for the game globally, and although I take pleasure in seeing rugby falter, I'd be glad to see it. It's not often a nation outside of the big five can win a tournament like this.

With Argentina, I heard a journalist talking about how this is the only meaningful competition they compete in. Apparently the fans want them to get inot the Tri-Nations to get some regular competitive rugby other than the WC - they've clearly made tremendous strides to come this far, and the better they get the better for the game and casual supporter.

Would the Southern hemisphere teams accept an expanded southern tournament? The Northern has done recently with the inclusion of Italy and they've steadily improved year on year and were unlucky to get knocked out versus Scotland.