FFB: Female Fronted Bands

apsham

Anything related to Broken Social Scene, really. Metric, Feist and Reverie Sound Revue are all way awesome. I like You Say Party! We Say Die! & the Yeah Yeah Yeah's too. All would be great to give a try if you hadn't already.

EDIT: There's always the Pipettes and Dragonettes if those are your things. <_<

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Lagwagon song "E.Dagger" the chick who sings with them is amazing. I love her voice, but sadly....I have no idea if she is apart of another band.

Also, which of these female fronted bands are more punkish?

Edit: Also, in the +44 song "Make You Smile" the female vocalist is pretty good.

Edited by Ruki

COME ON E...TRY TO GO EASY...WE CAN DO ANYTHING...ANYTHING...ANYTHING!!!

COME ON E...WE'VE GOT IT COVERED...WE CAN STOP ANYTIME...ANYTIME...ANYTIME!!!

I believe the woman may be Erin...aka E Dagger, Fat Mike's wife. I'm not 100% sure though.

As for the punky bands, Tsunami Bomb, The Tommys, I'd presume most of what Verbalpuke suggested.

And no, Tsunami Bomb broke up. But The Action Design are Agent M's (And I believe a guitarist from Tsunami Bomb) new band. A bit more kind of Blondie influenced than 'punky', but still good.

Edited by YI

Portishead. Portishead. Portishead. And Beth Gibbons solo stuff with Paul Webb as well. I second, third and fourth Otep. Also, I don't know how you or whoever feels about metal, but I like Arch Enemy quite a bit. And if we're allowed to do solo artists as well, I nominate Sarah McLachlan, for sure.

Definitely echoing most of the bands already mentioned as female fronted bands are my fetish. You admitting you haven't listened to much Garbage just makes me hurt inside. Here's a few more:

Auf der Maur

Curve

Poe

Angelfish (Shirley Manson's band pre-Garbage, they have one album)

Veruca Salt

Heart

K's Choice

Elastica

Luscious Jackson

Lords of Acid

Peaches

Tracy Bonham (more of a solo artist, but her old stuff is rockin)

Waterproof Blonde

Kukl or The Sugarcubes are a good bet. They were the two bands Björk was in before she went solo, and while a little quirky, there are a lot more conventionally "rock" than most of her solo material.