Official FA Cup Thread

Baddar

I was just quoting some things I'd read, only a little in the way of negativity. Like a Post columnist harping on about how good the Spanish Cup match between Barcelona and Sevilla was, and being all like 'LOLZ We've got Sheff Utd vs Middlesborough and Bristol Rovers vs Southampton, LOLACAUST'. It was just commenting on the standard of teams, and thusly the standards of matches we'd then get.

Which was crap.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I think this is what it is about football, any two teams are capable of putting on a great match to watch and even though we could aim it more at the mid-Prem matches, like say semi finals of Villa vs. Pompey, Everton vs. Spurs or something like that would probably be more entertaining that Liverpool vs. Chelsea and Man Utd vs. Arsenal, the teams left in the tournament are definitely capable of putting on great matches.

And who doesn't love an upset? :D

I think I'll be rooting for Barnsley, they bloody deserve it after knocking Liverpool and Chelsea out. Either way I'd like to see a Championship side win it, that would be awesome. Some facts:

- Last time a team outside the top division was in the final: Millwall in 2004 losing to Man United.

- Last time a team outside the top division won the cup: West Ham in 1980 beating Arsenal.

- Last time two teams outside the top division were in the final: Never.

And I believe I heard on BBC that the last time only one club from the top division made it to the semi finals was 100 years ago.

Barnsley vs Cardiff

West Brom vs Portsmouth

Hmm, so one of Barnsley or Cardiff will be in the final for sure....Hopefully Barnsley as, like at least oneother person in the thread I don't like Wales :P However if Cardiff win the FA Cup they can't compete in the UEFA Cup to represent England so if Cardiff get into the final then their opponent will DEFINITELY be in the UEFA Cup. Silly.

I'm calling a West Brom - Cardiff final. I just fancy the Baggies as they seem to have a lot of firepower in their team and looking at how Pompey have progressed it's been by cagey one goal margins whereas the Baggies have bagged 10 goals in the last two games alone.

I'm hoping for a Barnsley - West Brom final with Barnsley to win now, just so Rovers fans can't brag about going out to the winners.

But seriously, I don't mind who wins out of them any more, I'd just like it to be one of them. I like Portsmouth as a team but Redknapp just does my head in, and like I said before I hate the Welsh so Cardiff can't win.

Edited by Pesci

Cardiff cant get into Europe representing England? Then whats the point of them being in the English league? Does that mean that, no matter how successful they become, they can never get into Europe in any way, shape or form?

And isn't Wimbledon in England?

Cardiff cant get into Europe representing England? Then whats the point of them being in the English league? Does that mean that, no matter how successful they become, they can never get into Europe in any way, shape or form?

And isn't Wimbledon in England?

Edited by Scott McFly

Cardiff are still a part of the Welsh FA and are not a part of the FA which is why they cannot play in Europe as they are registered to the FAW. There was talks of them putting a 2nd string side into the welsh premier league so that they could start playing in Europe.

I would rather West Brom or Barnsley win now. West Brom so we can say we lost to the best team ( :shifty: ) or Barnsley because it would be nice to see them do it and I can't phantom Cardiff winning. Peter Risdale doesn't deserve success and I don't like Cardiff damnit! :(

Cardiff would represent the English league in the UEFA Cup if they qualified. I've never heard anything to suggest otherwise. Monaco represent the French league in Europe, they got to the Champions League final not back so I assume Cardiff would get the same deal as they do.