Official FA Cup Thread

Baddar

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that, but it seems to flare up everytime Liverpool are a let down on the pitch.

And there was Liverpool players blaming poor performances on club uncertainty, which I can see to a point, but players with the ability of Gerrard (who was one of the ones who has made a comment) should just get on with it.

I get that, but it seems to flare up everytime Liverpool are a let down on the pitch.

And there was Liverpool players blaming poor performances on club uncertainty, which I can see to a point, but players with the ability of Gerrard (who was one of the ones who has made a comment) should just get on with it.

Full draw for FA Cup quarter-finals:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Brom

Barnsley v Chelsea

Matches to be played on the weekend of 8 and 9 March.

I'll take that.

Portsmouth aren't easy on paper, but i fancy us to beat them 2 or 3-0.

And I hope Barnsley knock out Chelsea, too. -_-

I'm glad Bristol were drawn against West Brom in the quarters instead of Man Utd or Chelsea, I can't stand West Brom, so I hope Bristol make it to the semi's. Good draw for Barnsley from a financial prospective I suppose, especially at home.

Edited by butchchill

I wanted to draw City in the quarters... oh, wait :)

But seriously, West Brom is one of the worst draws possible for us. A tie we're not likely to win (unlike Boro (let's face it, Boro fucking suck, and it would've been nice to beat the team that knocked out City, then failed to beat a team in the bottom half of the Championship ¬_¬), or Barnsley, the whipping boys of the round ¬_¬), or a team we'll be going out with a blaze of glory against like United or Chelsea. No, a team we'll lose 1-0 against via a 90th minute undeserved penalty :shifty:.

But still, it's at the Mem, so... any Rovers players got a birthday on March 8th? :shifty: Hinton's is in November, bastard.

Edit: Hah, Lewis Haldane's is on the 13th. Let's pray for a waterlogged pitch to delay the game a few days...

Edited by Farmer Reil

I don't envision it will be easy to play them, by any means. However, I do think if we can keep our solid display like we showed against Fulham at Craven Cottage (abeit with the 2-2 scoreline), then I'm confident we might be able to squeeze out a result. And even if we don't? Well, it's a great run and we earned a good share of cash from it all, something that will help us out a tremendous amount for next season.

• 2 weeks later...