The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I really, really, REALLY wish Konami would stop updating Metal Gear Online. <_<

And make it so you can join a game with waiting TEN FUCKING MINUTES. Grr.

And also give us those damn trophies you said you'd give us in November. I want to MGS4 again, but if trophies come out 3 minutes after starting a new game, I won't be happy.

Edited by TheModernWay

You have 84 like me. :)

What's annoying though, is that I only have 4 of the GTA trophies seeing as I completed it (/needed my HDD replaced) before trophies were introduced, and I don't really have a desire to play through it again to get even the simple ones like beating a friend at pool or hitting a 180 in darts.

I really, really, REALLY wish Konami would stop updating Metal Gear Online. <_<

And make it so you can join a game with waiting TEN FUCKING MINUTES. Grr.

And also give us those damn trophies you said you'd give us in November. I want to MGS4 again, but if trophies come out 3 minutes after starting a new game, I won't be happy.

MGS4 is getting trophies for sure?

What's annoying though, is that I only have 4 of the GTA trophies seeing as I completed it (/needed my HDD replaced) before trophies were introduced, and I don't really have a desire to play through it again to get even the simple ones like beating a friend at pool or hitting a 180 in darts.

I need to go back and play that too, couldn't ever beat the last mission though. :(

Is there not trophies for FIFA 09 out now?

Is there anybody here with an affiliate acound on Amazon.co.uk? I´ll get "Tax Monney" payed back so i will finaly buy my PS3 + a cupple of games as soon as i have the monney (don´t know an exact date, i guss within 1-2 Month) - i´ll spend around 375 BP (including 16% taxes and shipping of 7bp i belive)

I´ed buy it through your shop link and we´ll do a 50/50 on the money earned.

I am currently looking for whatever is in the Bundel (so killzone 2 even if i don´t care for ego shooters) + gta4 + mgs 4 + fifa09, if there is still monney left litle big planet and some psn downloads like that kung fu ragdoll ripoff of smash brothers.

I need to go back and play that too, couldn't ever beat the last mission though. :(

Is there not trophies for FIFA 09 out now?

I heard a rumour trophies were coming, but to my knowledge, there's not.

Fifa 09 is on sale at MyMemory.co.uk for 20.95BP and no shipping costs... you can easely charge twice the price on german ebay... just ordert one for myself and one to get the buy price back :w00t:

Now all i need is that PS3... one or two month to go :-X

Is there a place to get a cheap dual shock 3?

If you get a new PS3 (one thats 80GB or more usually anyway), it'll come with a DualShock anyway. Unless if you mean getting a second/spare, then I'd suggest sites like Play.com. Both Play and Game have them both at £34.99 here, but Play has free P&P so it works out a bit cheaper unless if you head to the store itself. Dunno about Germany though.:P

Play.com is free for germans aswell, they just cheat on the euro price to hide the higher shipping coasts. But it looks like i will be able to get a Second Controler for just 40€ inc. shipping from the UK wich still is a lot for a controler but the german price is at 60€ (56BP) everywere.

And for players 3-4 i´ll just get me some of these USB Conecters and use my PS2 Controlers... just to bad if the games need Sixaxis... <_< ...Rag Doll Kung Fu Massacre Party comming in. I also remembere playing ISS for n64 with 4 players in the room, that was caotic and fun. So FIFA/PES crazyness would work aswell. :-D

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I could've bought you a copy of FIFA on the cheap and sent you it Matz if I'd have known.

£56 for a controller is painful too. I thought we Brits had it bad. You don't really NEED Dualshock though. Granted I've never used a DS3 one so I don't know exactly how much they're adding to the game play but I bet I'm not missing out a great deal.

Dualshock is great. MGS4 makes great use of it, even Heavenly Sword brought out before it has rumble support! It's perfectly subtle this time around too. You don't even realise that you've been using DualShock until you go back to the non rumble pad and suddenly a load of games seem to miss it!

I could've bought you a copy of FIFA on the cheap and sent you it Matz if I'd have known.

£56 for a controller is painful too. I thought we Brits had it bad. You don't really NEED Dualshock though. Granted I've never used a DS3 one so I don't know exactly how much they're adding to the game play but I bet I'm not missing out a great deal.

I guss a lot of this is also due to the BP having lost a third of it´s worth right now. I remember a time were i used to import everything from the US becaus it was cheaper... also, germany dos not seem to be as low price frindly... if you look at amazon.co.uk selling Little Big Planet for far under 20BP. It´s still 60-70 Euro in most shopes here (56-65BP).

I am happy to see that there already is aplatinum edition of MGS4 around, another 10 quid saved (H) - now all i need is they tax payback... i am even looking forward to having killzone 2 in the bundle (not a big FPS fan) so everybody here will finaly have a way to shoot me. >_<