How would you like your music?

Benji

Just a quick inquisition into how you prefer to listen to your music, do you prefer radio, podcasts, CD's, MP3's, tapes, vinyl?

I personally listen to my iPod more than anything and just rely on friends for musical ideas (though they're running dry as of late), I'm contemplating going back to listening to radio but I can't deal with 50/50 on adverts and there's barely any good stations anyway <_<

MP3's. I'm, well, poor as all hell right now, so it serves me best to listen to stuff on the ole' iPod.

I'll only listen to the radio in a situation where my iPod is not around, and even so it's only to the cheesy classic rock station so I can poorly sing "Owner of a Lonely Heart" or to the college radio station, who are the only folks in town playing "da indie music".

I predominantly listen to CD ever since my iPod crapped out on me, but even then all my iPod had on it was my CDs so I didn't have to lug them around. That was pretty convenient. Now that I'm on high-speed, I listen to a few more mp3s and such but still not as much as my CDs. I like to have something physical in my hands as well as the artwork and such so I really only download stuff if it's hard to find in stores or the artist already has enough money.

I love owning CDs. Love to look at them, to know I can handle them unlike the MP3 which, while "easier" and more flexible just isn't as special. I like "proper" CDs not ripped or written. I'll shift my music onto MP3 for ease of listening on my computer or mp3 player (not ipod?! *gasps* heresy!) but mostly listen on CD and mostly at work where we get a dozen people with a dozen different tastes battling for control of the CD player.

At home I'll generally listen to Talksport radio instead of music - I'm not a "music all the time" person cos while I love music at the right time and can be massively moved in different moods by it I can go a couple of days without really listening to any. Sometimes I want music, sometimes not.

I'm all over the place, but prefer vinyl when it comes down to it. The only reason I don't listen to vinyl all of the time is because of the fact that it can't be taken in the car with me. I listen to music as much as I possibly can, while I'm on the computer something is always going, when I work out the turntable is going, when I'm in the car the CD player is going, and even at work I try to listen to a small boom box with a cd player.

I'm like Liam and Hamster though, I like having the records. They're nice to look at, and so much cooler than CD's because a lot of times they come with extra shit like posters or more information to read than simple liner notes. Plus, it's the sound quality I prefer on vinyl, it's got a real charm when cranked up.

Virtually all of my music listening is on the mp3 player. I travel a lot and can't do it without some music to entertain me. However, when I get a new song I actually want something I can physically hold, not to pay 99p for a file on my computer (and given the nature of my shitty pc it could crash and burn at any point - losing me files).

Albums I get on CD and transfer to mp3 player, any singles that I like I get on vinyl. As has been mentioned I much prefer my vinyl singles collection to my cd album collection - there's just something so fantastic about them.

CD's mainly, I listen to music on the way to work and on my lunch breaks mainly, although from time to time I'll listen to MP3's on my computer.

However I can get it, be it mp3s or CDs. Some of the rarer stuff I like is harder to find in CD format, so I go to filesharing and can usually find what I'm looking for.

I'm 15 and my friends consider it very odd that I prefer buying CD's to downloading music. But just like ChrisSteele said, there's just something about owning CD's and collecting them. I guess I just like owning the real thing more. That being said, I do download music too, but if an artist I really like is coming out with a new CD, I try to buy it. Usually I still move the tracks from the CD to my computer eventually too, which now apparently makes me a criminal in the RIAA's books.