The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Anyone else interested in the special edition.

I know it's $30 more but to get:

* A customised metal safe deposit box.

* A Rockstar keychain for the safe deposit box keys.

* A limited edition Rockstar duffel bag.

* Production artwork in the Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book.

* Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV.

* A specially packaged version of the game.

Just seems worth it.

After hearing more of these previews though I very well think my decision to purchase it is final. Just have to figure out what version to pre-order

I already have it on Pre-Order, Hopfully i have it paid off by release, So i can just walk in, Put everything in the bag and walk out.

Good deal for those in the UK: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/151677/gta-...s-4-gamerpics-/

500 free M$ points as well as the 4 gamerpics for preordering. Theres a £3 off discount code on there too. So £36.99 total.

Edited by Lrrr of the Planet Omicron Persei 8

Just seems worth it.

After hearing more of these previews though I very well think my decision to purchase it is final. Just have to figure out what version to pre-order.

Sounds like a lot of shit to take up room. I'm getting tired of these ultra deluxe special editions crammed with useless knickknacks. It's one thing when it's a 4 Disc DVD with some kind of cool, sleek packaging, but does anyone really need a foam Master Chief helmet? I have enough trouble getting laid as it is.

Just seems worth it.

After hearing more of these previews though I very well think my decision to purchase it is final. Just have to figure out what version to pre-order.

Sounds like a lot of shit to take up room. I'm getting tired of these ultra deluxe special editions crammed with useless knickknacks. It's one thing when it's a 4 Disc DVD with some kind of cool, sleek packaging, but does anyone really need a foam Master Chief helmet? I have enough trouble getting laid as it is.

I've just pre-ordered it from Play.

Hopefully, I'll get it on the day of release, but I'm not too bothered about it. Was tempted to get the Special Edition set, but didn't bother in the end.

I've read the synopsis of the game etc. but want to know how big the roaming area will be. I'm not looking for an exact square footage obviously, I'm just wondering if it'll be as big, or bigger than San Andreas.

You would think so, but other Next Gen games have failed to deliver that already.

That'll do for me, cheers.

To give this post a point, another question...

Any idea on game length? I know I really should've looked this up before, but I just haven't really got around to doing it.

I really hope it's longer than some of the other games I've looked forward to lately. Namely Kane & Lynch and Uncharted, which were both really good...just too short.

Seems Gamestation is now doing the same deal as Game with the 500 M$ points. Online that is. Hammy would have to tell us if there's any bonus for in store pre-order. :shifty:

Is there any guarantee that you would get the game the day of release if you pre-ordered from any online sites? I am a very impatient person so the idea of waiting for this doesn't sound too appealing.

500 MS points on the other hand, does...

Ordering from somewhere like Play almost guarantees you'll get it on the day of release. It's not 100%, but the one positive is that sometimes they're dispatched as soon as they get them in stock, so there's a small chance you'll get them before the 29th.

Here's the thing though. Any other time I would say yes, you'll get it on the day or the day before.

But this is being realeased on a Tuesday. Normally with our releases on Fridays the online stores seem to get their stock on Tues or Wed and then send them out. I can't see any place getting their GTA stock on the Friday before caus they'd break the street date in a snap. So hopefully they'll get the stock on Mon and overnight it.

Amazon has GTAIV for PS3 and 360 for £34.99 so you might consider switching your order there Baddar.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

Here's the thing though. Any other time I would say yes, you'll get it on the day or the day before.

But this is being realeased on a Tuesday. Normally with our releases on Fridays the online stores seem to get their stock on Tues or Wed and then send them out. I can't see any place getting their GTA stock on the Friday before caus they'd break the street date in a snap. So hopefully they'll get the stock on Mon and overnight it.

Amazon has GTAIV for PS3 and 360 for £34.99 so you might consider switching your order there Baddar.

Fuck it.

If I switch I'll probably find a fiver tomorrow anyway. :shifty:

You guys do know that if you get your ass off your chair and actually head to the store to reserve it then all you gotta do is go to the store and pick it up ON THE STREET DATE?

Just saying...

You guys do know that if you get your ass off your chair and actually head to the store to reserve it then all you gotta do is go to the store and pick it up ON THE STREET DATE?

Just saying...

You guys do know that if you get your ass off your chair and actually head to the store to reserve it then all you gotta do is go to the store and pick it up ON THE STREET DATE and get an emo haired guy with a Birmingham accent say "That's £50 plus the £10 you owe for the pre-order" amongst his cries of "PS3 :D".

And didn't you just get SSBB delievered to your workplace?

Just saying...