The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah, but your country is mean and shoots people.

Anyways! Watched the first two episodes of Himouto....ehhhh. I like the animation and the opening song a lot, and the best friend and brother characters are fine. But the main character? Too bratty and selfish for me to like. So I switched over to the first two episodes of GATE. Now this, this is something I can get behind. It's what would happen if a fantasy world invaded modern day Japan (spoilers: Poorly. Tanks and guns beat swords and shields). 

So for Evangelion fans, Third Impact was either yesterday or today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Summery for the next arc of Dragon Ball Super

Spoiler

Full translation of Toriyama's comment here.

Next up in Dragon Ball Super, adult Trunks will be putting in his first appearance in a long time! I put together this story based on a suggestion from the editorial office. Like last time, I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

Despite being so strong, Trunks barely escapes from the future with his life.

The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened!?

And what about this foe too strong even for Trunks to handle, Black Goku!? (Well, you can probably imagine what he’s like just based off the name)

It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drags in the God of Destruction, Kaiōshin, even the Omni-King! Many mysteries will be revealed!

There’s some confusing bits with time changing here and there, but just bear with me. It should definitely turn out to be a fun story!

Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.

Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

Ch-6FdpUkAAEc0I.jpg

────────

Yaaaayy, Future Trunks is back and he looks awesome! Black Goku sounds weird though. I'm assuming an Evil version of Goku but the Goku from Trunks' timeline was just the same as main Goku. Maybe it's like Turles and its just a Saiyan that looks like Goku. 

24 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Where's a good place to start on Anime based on what's available on UK Netflix? Looking for something different to watch and seeing as I've rarely, if ever, watched anime it seems a decent place to look.

You could download the Crunchyroll app (I assume you have that in the UK). All anime, all the time...and no subscription required. 

But doing a quick google search of what may/may not be up there: Code Geass, Space Dandy, High School Of The Dead (lots of fan service, so be warned), Psycho Pass, Attack On Titan, Death Note, Kill La Kill (must watch), Gurren Lagann (also a must watch), Steins;Gate, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (might be the best anime series of all time), 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

You could download the Crunchyroll app (I assume you have that in the UK). All anime, all the time...and no subscription required. 

But doing a quick google search of what may/may not be up there: Code Geass, Space Dandy, High School Of The Dead (lots of fan service, so be warned), Psycho Pass, Attack On Titan, Death Note, Kill La Kill (must watch), Gurren Lagann (also a must watch), Steins;Gate, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (might be the best anime series of all time), 

I've just looked and your whole list is on there, so that should give me a fair bit to work through :P 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been loving Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless. From the premise you'd think it'd be boring - "this guy is sooooo lazy" - but it's actually a really nice slice of life comedy. Episode 12 airs today, and IIRC, it's the season finale - I dunno what I'm going to watch while I wait for Food Wars: The Second Plate, but luckily that starts just next weekend!

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

It does! Brotherhood is great. Way better than the original FMA series.

Agreed!

Just watched the series finale of Assassination Classroom. It was great, and sad. Also two episodes into Re:Zero (I think that's what it's called). Another 'NEET gets sucked into a fantasy world' type of show, but I like it.