The Anime Thread

Ruki

On 6/26/2016 at 10:32, Benji said:

Hadn't seen Full Metal Alchemist before last night but I watched the first episode of Brotherhood and really liked it. It reminded me of some of the best parts of Avatar. Really hope the rest holds up too it.

On 6/26/2016 at 18:50, Cloudy said:

It does! Brotherhood is great. Way better than the original FMA series.

Man, I hate myself for not checking out Brotherhood sooner. I finished it about a month ago. I enjoyed the original but Brotherhood simply blew it away and outside of Steins;Gate and Trigun, I can't name a series that I definitely enjoyed more.

Btw, has anyone checked out the new Berserk yet?

Edited by General Tso

I'm behind the times but I just now learned there's going to be an FLCL 2. It's a collab between Production IG and Adult Swim, and the series' original character designer is coming back to design characters for FLCL 2. The Pillows are also coming back to do music for it.

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Holy shit you guys check out Bananya.

Here's a synopsis:

Bananya is a mysterious cat who hides inside a banana. Bananya lives undercover inside a real banana, and no-one has ever seen the part covered by banana skin... When nobody is around, Bananya secretly plays and creates mischief. Bananya likes to play and eat sweet things. Bananya's dream is to become a stylish chocolate banana.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Holy shit you guys check out Bananya.

Here's a synopsis:

Bananya is a mysterious cat who hides inside a banana. Bananya lives undercover inside a real banana, and no-one has ever seen the part covered by banana skin... When nobody is around, Bananya secretly plays and creates mischief. Bananya likes to play and eat sweet things. Bananya's dream is to become a stylish chocolate banana.

gallery-1472245092-delish-bluth-frozen-banana-gob.jpg

:shifty: 

Oh my God. Cloudy, this is adorable. @Benji, watch this.

• Like 1

It's great. Episodes are only about 2 1/2 minutes long and are usually just Bananya and friends goofing around in the kitchen.

Slowly starting to get caught up on Re:ZERO. It's good and interesting, but man...nothing good happens to the main character. Just finished episode 16.

For a minor synopsis: A person from our world is transported to a fantasy world somehow. When he gets there, he finds someone who is one of five potential candidates to become ruler of the kingdom. Also, he discovers via some bad luck that he has the power to come back from the dead, resetting a few days, only his memories in tack.

I'd suggest giving it a try.

6 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Slowly starting to get caught up on Re:ZERO. It's good and interesting, but man...nothing good happens to the main character. Just finished episode 16.

For a minor synopsis: A person from our world is transported to a fantasy world somehow. When he gets there, he finds someone who is one of five potential candidates to become ruler of the kingdom. Also, he discovers via some bad luck that he has the power to come back from the dead, resetting a few days, only his memories in tack.

I'd suggest giving it a try.

Or you could watch Bananya :angry: 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just seen this today so it's a bit late but I think it's cool The History Channel shared this.

14606328_10154670588813754_9220931746974

"On this day in 1992, the 90s hit anime Yu Yu Hakusho premiered in Japan. Were you a fan of this animated series? Who's your fave character in the show? Tell us in the comments section! "

EditAlso next month on the 20th it'll be Dragon Ball's 32nd year since publication.

Edited by Kirkland

I started watching Fairy Tail after starting and catching up on the Manga a few months ago. Pretty great! I love the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece type anime though, so I figured I'd probably like it any way.

Anyone watching the current anime, is there anything looking to fill the big ol' gap Naruto/Bleach are leaving? Seems the days of 400+ episode animes are disappearing, which is shame because I've always liked that. Even now that I'm an adult with a full time job, girlfriend, social life, gym and serious World of Warcraft addiction, I'm still enjoying having 700 episodes of One Piece left before I catch up more than 24 episode series that I finish.

I'd even take an FMA run of 50-60 eps.

There aren't many like that anymore. Now you see 1-2 season shows, 12-30 episodes, etc. The Phoenix Wright anime looks like it might go long (20+ episodes so far). Kyoukai No Rinne has 50 episodes so far. 

So I found out that Crunchroll partnered with Funimation...

Still no Black Lagoon or GITS:SAC.

NO BUYS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

I've been watching the first season of Food Wars. It's pretty great! So over the top.

It's a great show. Bummed season 2 only had 13 episodes, but season 2 was great as well.

On 10/12/2016 at 05:41, Cloudy said:

It's a great show. Bummed season 2 only had 13 episodes, but season 2 was great as well.

Just finished episode 22.

I was so happy when Megumi managed to squeak in to 4th place! :D

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone seen Kiss Him, Not Me? It's about a girl who is an avid manga/anime/yaoi fan who ships two of her classmates. Her favorite anime character dies and she loses weight from the stress of it (...), becoming attractive (...) in the process.

It seems like an out-there premise, but it's a comedy/romance show with a pervy bent.