Everybody Loves Fall Out Boy

YI

It's true. Everybody does. Favourite 10 songs?

1. Of All The Gin Joints In All The World

2. Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner [Acoustic]

3. Sending Postcards From A Planecrash (Wish You Were Here)

4. Sugar, We're Goin' Down

5. Reinventing The Wheel To Run Myself Over

6. Homesick At Space Camp

7. I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me

8. Grand Theft Autumn

9. Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

10. 7 Minutes In Heaven (Atavan Halen)

11. Moving Pictures

Bah. :shifty:

Also...what the fuck is the point in "Jesus Of Suburbia"...can it fuck right off. People only cream over it because it's "ONE" song. And really, it has no right to be. There's no reason for it to be one track...it doesn't flow in the fuck slightest...they've literally just tagged together 3 different tunes with the same concept. As much as I fucking hate NOFX (At about the same level as Green Day), at least "The Decline" fucking flows, and seems as though it has justification to be all one track...it also has a trombone. :shifty:

Edited by YI

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's awesome when Be insults people. Surprised there was no claim of a particular band of your liking being infinitely so much better.

And Patrick Stump is spectacularly awesome. It's essentially the cool thing to hate Fall Out Boy, and from Take This To Your Grave through From Under The Cork Tree and into Infinity on High they've produced different sounds all the time, and yet still managed to make it great. They get way too much against them than what they deserve, they make fantastic music, are popular for it and as far as I'm concerned are possibly one of the best mainstream acts on the go at the minute in their field.

But I guess if Be says they're faggots - they're faggots right?

To be honest. "Infinity On High" is a bit sucktastic. I like the first 4 songs (Although the video really ruined "The Take over....". And "Fame Infamy" later on is pretty good too.), with the one with the boyband chorus being the standout.

Fall Out Boy are dead to me through my housemate continuously singing them.

He has the most monotone voice ever and only sings the same one or two lines over and over

and over

and over.

1. Grand Theft Autumn.

2. Thriller

3. Sugar, we're going down

4. Sophomore Slump or comeback of the year

5. A little Less Sixteen candles

6. This ain't a scene

7. Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do

8. Nobody puts baby in the corner

9. The Take over, the break's over

10. Thnks fr th mmrs

Edited by Dan

Surprised no one has said anything yet. :shifty: I've pretty much stopped listening to them, but if I had to throw down some tracks...

1. Sophmore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year?

2. Carpal Tunnel Of Love

3. Grand Theft Autumn

4. The Take Over, This Breaks Over

5. XO

6. Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today

7. Dance, Dance

8. Patron Saint Of Liars And Fakes

9. It's Hard To Say "I Do", When I Don't

10. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me

Some songs are interchangeable, but I just ran through my list.

Yes god forbid Green Day put together a nine minute song that doesn't sound like other nine minute songs, I forgot there were you know, rules about that sort of thing.

The songs part of the story of the album, its style changes reflect that various emotions of the character, same thing can be seen in Homecoming. It fits pretty well together musically, and it absolutely fits together lyrically. Its fucking music man, why do you get to determine whats good and what works? I mean I listen to Tool and I hear the same boring droning song going on for nine minutes. Is that what nine minutes songs should sound like? Cause in my view, thats terrible, but I know its what some people like.

Fall Out Boy, not my thing. They write catchy songs sure, but I don't love them by any stretch of the word.

Green Day are literally one of those bands where I can't actually register why people like them so much.

I feel the same way about Muse, everyone seems to love them, but I listen to them and can't see why people think they're so good, their music bores me.

1. Grand Theft Autumn

2. Sugah We're Going Down

3. A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More Touch Me

4. Its Hard To Say I Do When I Don't

5. Homesick At Space Camp

6. Bang The Doldrums

7. "Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today"

8. Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

9. G.I.N.A.S.F.S.

10. Dead On Arrival

Whats wrong with Infinity On High? Granted its not as good as the other albums, but its still good.