Fall Out Boy want you to hate them

Cactus Drags

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not bad at all.

FOB for me are marmitey, from song-to-song that is. I'll really like one song, then really dislike the next.

That's not bad at all.

FOB for me are marmitey, from song-to-song that is. I'll really like one song, then really dislike the next.

When I first heard them they were fun, but nothing amazing, they've never been offensive to me, though the fanboys/girls drive me fucking insane, so do the haters, it's silly.

I really like this. It's an ace cover song as they did it in their own way.

It's not as bad as JoJo covering the Foo Fighters. >_>

That reminds me of Kerrang! this morning, the Manics covered "Umbrella" by Rihanna, and it made me chuckle how badly people reacted, I love stuff like that, if the Manics had done it originally everybody and their mother who listened to Kerrang would've loved it <_<

• 1 month later...

I was a little iffy about it, having read a bunch of 'OMG! It's shit' from pretentious wankers on a music forum I occasionally frequent. With two of my favourite artists involved, I did enjoy it.

Good to see people other than me can recognise Mayer's tremendous guitar ability even if they're not fans of his actual body of mainstram work. He's an amazing guitarist who, in recent years, has taken steps to distance himself from the syrupy sweetness of stuff like 'Your Body is a Wonderland'.

Diggin' it.

This cover is terrible. And as far as 'ironic music covers' go - everybody does Michael Jackson (insert easy joke here).

Why can't bands cover something random like Meatloaf instead? :P

Because covering Meat Loaf would involve either a person as wonderful as the man himself, plus Freddy Mercury, or a blanket the size of south Wales.

Plus it has John Mayer in it

Yeah, that was the downfall for the song.

And pat's vocals are a bit different now.

Anyway, the cover is alright, but I won't go putting this on my Ipod.