Doctor Who

Benji

10 hours ago, Colly said:

It annoys me more than it should that they use "season" rather than "series".

The term is mostly used interchangeably in the UK, but I think in this context it's used to differentiate between classic Who and nu Who, but even back in the 80s/90s in some of the reference books I have, they list them as seasons instead of a series, so series is kinda the newer thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There has been some work being done to animate telesnaps, these clips look good but obviously a big jankey, plus they have announced that they will be attempting to animate a full and it's going to be an episode of The Highlanders.

You can follow the project through their patreon.

I watch Classic Who on Pluto from time to time. Watched part of The Deadly Assassin last night before I crashed. 

They actually air the Shada reconstruction with a mix of the footage that was actually filmed and animation from time to time. I highly recommend checking it out. Especially for the very last scene.

25 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I watch Classic Who on Pluto from time to time. Watched part of The Deadly Assassin last night before I crashed. 

They actually air the Shada reconstruction with a mix of the footage that was actually filmed and animation from time to time. I highly recommend checking it out. Especially for the very last scene.

I believe they recently redone Shada as a full animation.

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

I believe they recently redone Shada as a full animation.

There's a version of Shada, using audio from Big Finish with Paul McGann and Lala Ward. So its the 8th Doctor and Romana. Its was done using Flash animation of comic strip panels, in 2005. The version I'm referring to was done in 2017, using the existing footage that was actually filmed, and the rest done as animation with the surviving cast members reprising their roles.

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to an 8th Doctor Big Finish called Horror Of Glam Rock (nothing to do with the 4th Doctor serial Horror Of Fang Rock), and didn't realize until almost halfway through that one of the actors was Bernard Cribbins.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vamp said:

Its so weird comparing the Doctor Who 60th lineup to the 50th. We've now got 2 Tennants and a Doctor 0! 

2 Tennants, Jodie, and whatever Ruth is. But I still think she's a fake out or 2.5. We never actually saw 2 regenerate into 3, after all. Could have regenerated 2 into her, used her as an agent only to go rogue, be captured, mind-wiped, and forced to become 3. 

Or, she could actually be Jenny, calling herself the Doctor, thinking the real Doctor is dead for some reason (acquiring her own TARDIS during the Time War). That could be why her and 13 didn't recognize each other. Any thing that makes Ruth pre-1 (Hartnell) will be bullshit.

As for the new theme, I like it. But my favorite new era ones are still Tennant's and the rock version they used for one Capaldi episode.

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Could have regenerated 2 into her, used her as an agent only to go rogue, be captured, mind-wiped, and forced to become 3. 

I prefer this to what I believe is the current canon of being pre-Hartnell (I haven't actually seen the Timeless Child stuff).