Doctor Who

Benji

I personally think the Ace story arc is pretty good, true she gets a little over active in most stories but I'd recommend checking out Ghost Light and Curse of Fenric they are some of the best of Ace.

And the Aussie is Tegan, she spends the first half of her run bitching about getting back to Heathrow on time (you are in a time machine bitch) then she goes a bit doolally due to some snakes.

As for Vengance on Varos I'd say the stories with Sil (the little green slug guy with the weird laugh) are the best parts of the 6th Doctor's run, the other being Mindwarp which also has the added plus of BRIAN BLESSED.

Love the fact as I read the words Brian Blessed I was also hearing him singing/shouting on Peppa Pig. Man gets everywhere these days.

Yeah, I did some googling while watching since I initially thought Sil was Kenny Baker. Miles off, the actual guy apparently believes he was blacklisted by the beeb for his views on the second Iraq war, which feels unlikely...

Ace. I'd love to see a Paul McGann time war series running alongside the normal one, it just seems a really interesting concept plus gets McGann to actually get to be The Doctor for a bit. Added bonus being not such a big gap between episodes. Do it!