Doctor Who

Benji

Unlike previous years it looks like the next season is going to air in one go

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/Steven-Moffat-Confirms-Season-8-Wont-Be-Split.aspx

Also in regards to missing episode rumours, the current one making the rounds is something might be revealed at the BFI's Missing Believed Wiped event on December 21st, some rumors range from more details on the 10 episodes found earlier in the year all the way to either 40-90 episodes being announced at being recovered.

Ask a silly question, but has it ever been confirmed in show that Hurt regenerates into Ecclescake? I know that's the assumed thing and fits the view we have of the time war, but I think thats now the only regeneration we haven't seen isn't it?

Ask a silly question, but has it ever been confirmed in show that Hurt regenerates into Ecclescake? I know that's the assumed thing and fits the view we have of the time war, but I think thats now the only regeneration we haven't seen isn't it?

That does tie in with Moffat's recent claims that the Doctor doesn't know how many regenerations he's actually been through. There might have been more we haven't seen.

You do see glimpses of Ecclestone in the regeneration but it just doesn't go all the way, I'd say it's canon.

Unlike previous years it looks like the next season is going to air in one go

God I hope that's true. I guess they probably want to do a full season with it being Capaldi's first one. Give him six or whatever and then stopping might be a bit jarring.

Now I hope they can realise there's a balance between turning the entire series into a soap and just doing one parters. I always felt the one parter thing was a strange reaction to complaints about series 6's overpowering arc. I can understand toying with the format but getting rid of two parters just didn't work for me. I think a series works a better with two parters sprinkled into the one parters.

...I really should of quoted you.

On a related not nothing has been done about the regenerations from this scene of the Brain of Morbius

You replied too bastard fast! I was editing as soon as I posted.

The implication being Hartnell wasn't the First, and he has been played by Peter Sutcliffe at some point? I've never seen that, interesting.

Oh, and definitely good on the full length series thing. I can't help but think that's half the reason for some peoples negative reaction to Clara. She's had what, half a dozen normal episodes, plus the Christmas one where she was sort of a different character, and the daleky one? I'd like to think a full series would be a good intro for her and Capaldi.

The implication being Hartnell wasn't the First, and he has been played by Peter Sutcliffe at some point? I've never seen that, interesting.

The Doctor's past faces are of the production staff

George Gallaccio, Robert Holmes, Graeme Harper, Douglas Camfield, Philip Hinchcliffe, Christopher Baker, Robert Banks Stewart and Christopher Barry.

...I really should of quoted you.

On a related not nothing has been done about the regenerations from this scene of the Brain of Morbius

You replied too bastard fast! I was editing as soon as I posted.

Wait, what? The Yorkshire Ripper played The Doctor? >_>

Christopher Eccleston Provisionally Agreed to Return to Doctor Who Source Says

Christopher Eccleston provisionally agreed to appear in Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special The Day of the Doctor a source has told DWA.

After “amicable” meetings between ninth Doctor actor Eccleston and producer Steven Moffat at the start of the year, Chris agreed to partake in the special given certain creative input, primarily that Moffat consider the appointment of Joe Aherne as director.

“Steven rejected this out of hand, that was the end of anything Chris wanted to do with the project.”

Eccleston has certainly sung the praises of Joe Aherne recently. Speaking at the BFI’s ninth Doctor event in August the actor went on record to say:

“Joe Ahearne directed five of the thirteen episodes of the first series. He understood the tone the show needed completely – strong, bold, pacy visuals coupled with wit, warmth and a twinkle in the performances, missus. If Joe agrees to direct the 100th anniversary special, I will bring my Sonic and a stair-lift and – providing the Daleks don’t bring theirs”

The negotiations and Moffat’s refusal to budge on the issue led to the now infamous public row at the BBC Showcase event in February between The Moff and Caroline Skinner which many speculate led to her stepping down as Executive Producer in March.

The row shocked colleagues due to the very close working relationship that had developed between the two.

Ahearne did five episodes all the way back in 2005 - and since then hasn't been associated with Dr. Who. He's worked with Eccles on other occasions though. The director who managed the Day Of The Doctor has also done five episodes, but the others were from 2011 onward including Asylum of the Daleks and the Angels Take Manhatten - for better or for worse two of the more hyped episodes in recent memory.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Eccles and wanted to see him in this more than anything - but bringing in a guy who hasn't been associated with the project in 8 years so for your role? I don't know. Considering that there are people who've worked on that show for years and directing something as important as the 50th Anniversary Special would be considered an honor - I wouldn't blame Moffat for saying no, and frankly being a little bit chuffed that the suggestion would be made.