Doctor Who

Benji

I would reject it out of hand because it's not the kind of decision that any bit-part guest star should have any right requesting. Especially as there's every chance that Moffat had already chosen his director by the time he came to talk to Eccles. And if word gets out that guests can make that sort of demand and get away with it, it only snowballs from there.

Sure, he could try and pull the old "Okay I'll consider it. *two second pause* I've considered it, and it's still no.", which I'm guessing wouldn't wash since usually when people say "consider" in this context, they mean "offer him the job but if he declines then that's okay".

• Like 1

Stoker pretty much summed my thoughts on it. He's going to be doing a couple of scenes, while Moffat has to work with this director for the full shoot so of course he's picking the person he wants. There's not a lot of consideration you can give to a request that can only be a yes or no.

Yeah, that's Eccleston being unreasonable, not Moffat by any stretch of the imagination. If he was coming back for the 50th, if it was for a cameo, for a guest spot. You find me any other situation in television where an actor making a cameo is allowed the amount of creative freedom that would stretch to them naming the director. That's fucking insane for any TV production, let alone something as huge as a 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, or of anything else. If those were his conditions, it's quite right that he was turned down - it's not like the episode would have been any stronger had be involved anyway.

Also, I'd be dubious of this "story" anyway; anonymous sources, plus Eccleston promoting his own part after the event. Where was he beforehand? It's interesting that he only wanted to be involved after it had aired and got a good critical response. I'm sure he'd have not said a word if it went badly.

• Like 1

Well they just posted this photo on the Official Doctor Who Facebook with the hashtag #TimeoftheDoctor, spoilered for size and spoilers.

This Christmas, Silence will fall... #TheTimeoftheDoctor

1465792_778995408781155_1498551393_o.jpg

Is it me or does it look like the silence doing a musical number

Edited by Animal
  • Like 1

So seems like either an easter egg, or something more significant is in the Christmas trailer. Look to the left, in the painting (spoilered for size and... well... spoilers).

rQUA0OO.jpg

If you're referring to the thing I think you are, they were already shown in the first teaser trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOOLd_44Mo

At 0:04

A nice little read in regard to missing episodes

The Rumour Round-Up

The Power of the Daleks has received a private screening for select individuals. It was not a screening for anyone’s pleasure (though we’re sure it was very enjoyable) or as a reward for “towing the line” these things are standard practice. The Underwater Menace Episode 2 famously leaked from such a screening.

Missing Believed Wiped will be a showcase for Phil Morris’ other finds and a wealth of information will be made known. There is the possibility that Marco Polo may be a “centre piece” attraction but it isn’t likely. It would overshadow all of the other finds at MBW, of which there are some brilliant recoveries, also sitting at what will be the height of promotion for The Time of the Doctor. And yes, the three missing episodes of Dads Army have been found.

Eddie at Outpost Skaro has said The Wheel in Space has been found and this ties to rumours that have been around for months now about the serial being recovered, either three episodes in Jos or in it’s entirety. Given it was also sold to BPTV in Nigeria it being recovered at this time would be no surprise, the paper-trail from Jos likely leading right to it and there were some exact claims about its existence at customs. Wendy Padbury has been hinting for some time at its recovery if some convention accounts are to be believed.

Some rumours of found episodes is deliberate disinformation originating from official sources, there is a very good reason for this. Unfortunately, we don’t know what is wheat and what is chaff. Equally do not underestimate one source attempting to discredit another with “true” claims that work against other claims for personal reasons.

This one isn’t a rumour, it actually happened (YouTube is your friend). At the eleventh Doctor event at the BFI Mark Gatiss confirmed the rumour that the production team knew of the Web of Fear recovery prior to the reintroduction of the Great Intelligence in the 2012 Christmas Special The Snowmen. This places it’s recovery firmly into the summer of 2012 as this website has speculated for some time.

Some very old rumours that were killed many years ago might just be proven true.. And we’re not talking about William Hartnell having Feast of Steven.

The Tenth Planet 4 has not yet been recovered but Fury From The Deep has.

Marco Polo was never going to be announced alongside The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear. It was found but it’s name being leaked alongside the other two gave a natural assumption that it was scheduled for release alongside them.

Further copies of existing episodes have been found, many of them better or more complete, the amount of missing episodes recovered however is not as high as many have speculated and some may have been destroyed.

http://doctorwhoarchive.com/2013/12/12/further-missing-episodes-rumours-and-gossip/

Ian Levine Finds Five Episodes in Taiwan

Episode hunter and Doctor Who superfan Ian Levine has been on the trail of missing episodes once more, in Taiwan of all places it emerged this morning.

The search produced results, unfortunately turning up only episodes that are known to exist – Two episodes of The Dominators, Two of The War Games and one episode of The Seeds of Death.

While this may seem a disappointment, heart can be taken that there are still episodes out there to be found and an interesting new avenue has been opened, the films being sent to American troops stationed in the country during the Vietnam War and held by the owner of a radio station.

There is no word on whether these prints are in better condition by those retained by the BBC nor their original origin.

I’m sure everyone will offer Mr Levine their thanks, not only for his efforts but his openness about the issue of missing episodes at a time when many seem a closed book. Thank you Ian and hopefully your fight to bring these episodes home isn’t over quite yet!

http://doctorwhoarchive.com/2013/12/19/ian-levine-finds-episodes-in-taiwan/

So technically nothing new was found by Levine but at least this does mean that finding more missing episodes is not out of the question its just a case of the hunt.