Doctor Who

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Capaldi in his costume, looks very much like Pertwee with less of the frills and cape

BfAZ7I9CUAA_8ba.jpg

Although the similarity and possible homage to Pertwee's costume is obvious, I can't help but feel it makes him look like a cheesy magician. Hopefully him not posing awkwardly like that will make me feel better about it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dorkly.com/article/59342/if-doctor-who-had-been-an-american-show

Actually think Dick Van Dyke would've been a pretty brilliant Doctor, same with Ford as the War Doctor. But Nick Cage? Not an ideal pick, but seeing as how Eccelston portrayed the 9th Doctor it could've worked

• Like 1

I actually think Price would have done quite well in the role, certainly better than a lot of those names. He was competent at being cheesy, amusing, serious, dramatic and scary, yet also, at times, entirely comforting.

As an aside I'm gutted we didn't get an eleventh and Wilf adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tom Baker says he’s thrilled that the classic Doctor Who series is to be screened on the Horror Channel.

“Horror is my very favourite genre,” he said today, “so I am thrilled the classic Doctor Who series have been picked up by the Horror Channel. There was clearly a darker edge to my storylines, which I think brought a new dimension to the series. I remember hearing of the series scaring children – I wonder how the audience will react to the series today, all grown up. He added: “The Horror of Fang Rock is one of my favourite stories so I’m looking forward to that one!"

Horror Channel has completed a deal with BBC Worldwide to broadcast 30 stories from the Classic series which ran 1963 to 1989 featuring the first seven Doctors, starting with William Hartnell and concluding with Sylvester McCoy.

Launching on Friday 18th April (Good Friday) the season begins with the very first story An Unearthly Child, and then leads into a special WHO ON HORROR weekend - a classic marathon featuring one story from each of the Doctors across the Easter weekend. There will then be weekday double-bills in daytime and evening slots with stories shown in chronological order starting on Easter Monday 21st April.

#WHOonHorror

Source: HorrorChannel.co.uk

An update on Doctor Who on the Horror Channel.

First off this is their trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZ55VuIa3Q

Secondly on Friday 18th they are showing An Unearthly Child from 7pm in an episodic format (compared to UKTV's omnibus versions).

and on Saturday their line up is

11:00am - An Unearthly Child

1:20pm - The Mind Robber

3:45pm - Terror of the Autons

6:00pm - The Brain of Morbius (Episode 1 & 2)

and for Sunday it is

11:00am - The Brain of Morbius (Episode 3 & 4)

12:109m - The Caves 0f Androzani

2:30pm - Attack of the Cybermen

4:50pm - Remembrance of the Daleks

I would strongly recommend Mind Robber and Brain of Morbius to those who havent seen them.

List of other stories they are showing

- The Daleks

- The Seeds of Death

- The Daemons

- The Sea Devils

- The Three Doctors

- Planet of the Daleks

- The Green Death

- Death of the Daleks

- Planet of Spiders

- The Ark in Space

- Genesis of the Daleks