The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Today I booked a whole week off work. I've told people it's for my birthday, but that's only half the story.

I figure I'm going to go the same route as FFXIII and RDR in that I'm going to starve myself of all information regarding the game from now onwards, I can't imagine I'd have enjoyed either XIII or RDR half as much had I known anything regarding the plot. But holy balls I am excited.

So, I know most of you have sworn off spoilers, but:

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2010/9/fallout_new_vegas_opening

This information, encased below in spoilers, is interesting. But it's probably not of much value to bitches.

4945882592_a2108f9c90.jpg

* Full Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada

* Sex: Male

* Race: Ghoul

* Ethnicity: Meztiso

* Profession: Repairman (Black Mountain), Vaquero (pre-war)

* Perk: Regular Maintenance – While Raul is a companion, the Condition of weapons and armor decays 50% slower.

* Description: Raul is an old Mexican ghoul who has had a long and storied history. After living the life of a wild gunslinger, Raul took up the trade of a simple repairman in Nevada. While traveling to New Vegas, he was swiped by Nightkin from Black Mountain and imprisoned by their leader, Tabitha. After being freed from captivity, he will join the player out of gratitude. A new taste of adventure reminds Raul of his tumultuous past, prompting him to consider if he should embrace his old gunslinging ways.

For the rest of the list, see Meet The Companions.

Wow. The comments in that article are so rediculous.

"Will this be stable on PS3"

Bethesda: "Yes"

"Yeah but will this be stable on PS3"

I for one am excited for Grandma Super Mutant

Really liking most of the character bios so far though, and I'm glad that they're adding an actual gameplay benefit for keeping them around (other than just to carry extra items and shoot you in the back). Would be nice to see some dialogue responses from them during conversations with other NPCs too.

Dude, I am totally taking the drunk chick out on wasted massacres. Mickey and Mallory will ride again!

• Like 1

Oh holy fuck.

It's like they took a Pokemon and made it into the most badass thing ever.

...This game is going to be the greatest thing in the history of mankind.

Zan, it's usually safe to assume that ORO doesn't know what he's talking about. :P

Also, New Vegas Cake.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks, uh, even bigger. That's insane.

Awh man, I'm so excited now. Eight days. :wub:

Also, fuck America for getting it three days early. If any of you sons of bitches spoil anything about anything about anything, I'm literally going to hurt someone.