Iron Man The Official Thread

Guest strongarm85

Guest strongarm85

I just finished Previewing Iron Man. Its really good, you guys should go watch it.

Of course the movie sets itself up for a wide range of squeals, for instance, Warmachine is built during the course of the movie, and the man who eventually pilots it is introduced pretty well. Plus there are a bunch of SHIELD agents also who serve as a nod to an eventual Avengers movie.

Without spoiling anything, all I can say is go watch it.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Jim Rhodes was introduced? NO WAY!

Also, I had no idea that SHIELD was instrumental in the forming of the Avengers...or really at any point in the run of the Avengers, really.

I don't doubt that it's a good movie, but it shouldn't be any surprise to anyone who'd seen other recent Marvel movies that they set things up for future continuations.

And if they wanted to set themselves up "for a wide range of squeals", couldn't they have just had the the first showing at a pigpen? :shifty:

Guest strongarm85
Also, I had no idea that SHIELD was instrumental in the forming of the Avengers...or really at any point in the run of the Avengers, really.

In some continuities, for instance Marvel Ultimate Universe, Nick Fury handpicked the Avengers and basically "strongarmed" Tony Stark into joining.

Iron Man is great. Downey Jr is brilliant, it's funny and generally kicks ass, and they do a good job of linking ramdom things together for the finale. Good all round then.

There's also a wonderfully obvious set up for War Machine to be in the sequel.

Potentially the best comic book to film adaptation, in my opinion.

It rocked with its cock out.

It was fantastic. One of the best comic book films I've seen, but there are holes in my comic book film viewing like 'Batman Begins'. I can't wait for the inevitable sequence.

The only complaint I have is how they fucked about with the narrative order in the first five minutes to get out the initial BANG factor out there. It was a tad impatient.

Two words: AWE, and SOME.

Strangely, out of a theater full of people, I was the only one willing to stick around past the credits.

I was a little disappointed that "Iron Man" (the song) didn't make an appearance in the actual movie at all. All in all, Tony Stark has some good taste in music. :P

Edited by Kryptonite3d

Strangely, out of a theater full of people, I was the only one willing to stick around past the credits.

I was a little disappointed that "Iron Man" (the song) didn't make an appearance in the actual movie at all. All in all, Tony Stark has some good taste in music. :P

Even stranger still, is that you didn't state whether or not something happens after the credits.

In spoiler tags, please, could you say if there was or was not any post-credit hijinx?

Even stranger still, is that you didn't state whether or not something happens after the credits.

In spoiler tags, please, could you say if there was or was not any post-credit hijinx?

There was. Stay until the very, very end and you may get a nice surprise.

Fair enough. The post-credits scene is basically
Stark comes home, and sees a guy in the shadows. The guy approaches, revealing himself to be Nick Fury (the black version). He says (something to the effect of) Stark's not alone in a world of heroes. He wants to talk to Stark about the "Avenger Initiative".
---End post-credits--- Edited by Kryptonite3d

I. AM. (GOINGTOWATCH) IRONMAN.

RIGHT NOW.

FUCK. YES.

I loved it. My two friends & I were basically the only ones that stuck around for the post-credits scene, except for a nerdy black guy and his girlfriend. I proceeded to mark the fuck out.

Tony Stark: Suicidal Tendencies fan? Who would've thunk it? I'm also very disappointed in the the lack of Iron Man OST torrents. That score, at times, was fucking heavy on the guitar, which was awesome. Especially the ones during the credits (and "Iron Man" obviously).

Howard as War Machine in the next film, potential in Stark as a depressed alcoholic fawning over Pepper... yes, please. They should have started filming immediately. I'm so psyched for the next movie. Not so psyched, however, about the potential next villain. I know Iron Man in itself is completely unrealistic, but the next villain i've heard being thrown around meetings is just out of the world unrealistic. Leave the superpower heroes and villains to shit like Spiderman or the Fantastic Four, I think Iron Man fits pretty well as something that "could happen", but we all know won't. Y'know?

Spoil me, what villains are being thrown around for the second film? I don't really see how many villains could be unrealistic for Iron Man, dude's got a rogue's gallery of his own that includes both non-powered and superpowered villains.