Mike Pattons latest project.

K

The song is a Peeping Tom track that they used to do live, but yeah a studio version featuring Dan The Automator makes it equally cool.

Yesssss. I've been waiting for new Patton since Anonymous came out. >_>

He has already released a film score this year, and is going to release an album featuring '50 & '60s Italian pop songs with a full orchestra later this year. With Crudo coming out next year you don't have to wait that long.

Edited by Iain76er

The song is a Peeping Tom track that they used to do live, but yeah a studio version featuring Dan The Automator makes it equally cool.

Yesssss. I've been waiting for new Patton since Anonymous came out. >_>

He has already released a film score this year, and is going to release an album featuring '50 & '60s Italian pop songs with a full orchestra later this year. With Crudo coming out next year you don't have to wait that long.

D'oh, I totally zoned and forgot the Perfect Place OST. So.. uh. Well, that sort of invalidates my statement. I can't really amend it to "OMGz I've been waiting since A Perfect Place~!" either. Damn.

Unrelatedly, haha, some French "fusion/metal" band is taking the piss out of Crudo on the MySpace page. :lol:

To me, it reminds me of 'Mojo' from Peeping Tom, as in for a lead off, it sounds pretty good, but in the end is kinda pretty unremarkable as well. 'Mojo's is awesome when I throw that whole album on, but its not a song I come back to otherwise, kinda thing.

Although new Patton is always worth a look.

Yeah, nothing spectacular. It's good, but not Mike Patton good. It fits the vibe of the "Patton does pop" thing he was going for with Peeping Tom, but it just doesn't do anything for me as a song in its own right, although I tend not to enjoy his more hip-hop leanings anyway.

I love Patton but I really can't get behind his pop/hip-hop stuff, though I'm not a big fan of the genre in the first place. You think it'd take a musical genius like Patton for me to come around to it but it doesn't. I really dug his A Perfect Place score, though.

Hahahah, it's pretty great how that Machine Velvet guy keeps going on about "Patton Gestapo Squads" and all that when he's the one that keeps coming back to the page and posting really, really bad image edits.

I mean, really, really bad ones. Like "ten year old in MSPaint" bad.

Incidentally, Mike Patton and The Melvins are strongly rumoured to be curating All Tomorrows Parties' Nightmare Before Christmas festival in December. I bloody hope so.