Songs that question\put-down religion

apsham

"(Don't Need) Religion" by Motorhead

Pretty much all of the first two Avantasia albums.

"Hallowed" by Edguy, and several other Edguy songs (mostly earlier ones).

"Soul Society" by Kamelot. Awesome, awesome song.

Edited by Farmer Reil

God Song by Bad Religion

Eat Your Dog by Bad Religion

The Voice Of God Is Government by Bad Religion

Religous Vomit by the Dead Kennedys

Obvious one - Manson's "Fight Song".

This might help a little

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Song...cal_of_religion

At this moment in time, I'd like to say "Jesus Christ" by Brand New is lyrically one of the best songs I have EVER heard.

HOWEVER...personally I don't see it as a 'questioning/put-down' of religion...I find it more a song of Jesse Lacey 'reaching out' to Religion...trying to actually wanting to find something in it, be a part of it ("when I arive, I wont know anyone").

A lot of Toxic Holocaust's work deals in this kind of content. 666 is probably the most prominent song they perform that I can think of at the moment.

God Told Me To by Dr. Know is another one, basically a song about people that mindlessly kill or killed in the name of God.

There's almost too many available, so many that I can barely think of more than what I've listed. I'd say most of the thrash bands that I listen to have at least one, and G.G. Allin has a few himself.

At this moment in time, I'd like to say "Jesus Christ" by Brand New is lyrically one of the best songs I have EVER heard.

HOWEVER...personally I don't see it as a 'questioning/put-down' of religion...I find it more a song of Jesse Lacey 'reaching out' to Religion...trying to actually wanting to find something in it, be a part of it ("when I arive, I wont know anyone").

That's how I always saw it.

"Heathen Sunday" by Nascent Vision

"$¢¡€₦†Ω£Ǿ&¥ (Dollars And Sense)" by Nascent Vision

:shifty:

"The God That Failed" by Metallica

"God Was Never On Your Side" by Motorhead

"Counterfeit God" by Black Label Society

"Texan Book Of The Dead" by Clutch

"Mine Are The Eyes Of God" by Corrosion Of Conformity

"Jesus Saves (God Hates Us All)" by Andrew Jackson Jihad

I've had a lot of friends and they've done a lot of drugs, and those drugs made my friends ROT AWAY! ROT AWAY!

They say Jesus saves, but Jesus doesn't care, cos he is in a grave, in a grave, in a grave.

Let's be our own Gods, and take care of ourselves and the ones that we love.

That's how I always saw it.

From lines like "But I'm scared I'll get scared and I swear I'll try to nail you back up" he seemed confused and unsure to me.