Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Place is a complete circus anyways, the fact we still show interest in this whole situation is laughable. The funny thing is, Ashley is set to make quite a nice profit off this club I believe, and he can just disappear and no one will care because Newcastle will be too busy wondering why Joe Kinnear is their manager and not a former World Cup winning manager.

No, they use te 'Hello Joe, It's me Dennis, do you remember when you used to be my manager? Good! How about I be your manager this time? There's £400 million in it for a months work? Larvely!' method.

<_<

Edited by The Gazz-light Anthem

He's only there until the club is sold as he has already stated.

He would never have been a first choice manager, but the fact is with the club in complete turmoil nobody wanted the job. Except O'Leary who was "very keen". :lol:

O'Leary shouldn't be let anywhere near any managerial position. I'd much rather have Joe than him.

To all you Canadians, what channel boradcasts Premier League matches?

I just moved to Canada from Pakistan, and cable here sucks cause back home there were channels like ESPN HK, Star Sports, Super Sports 3, Show Sports who'd all show premier league matches and that usually meant three different live games at a time. Here, I have to resort to online streaming.

Is Viduka going to get a nice run in the first team now Newcastle will undergo a 'long ball' revolution?

If he ever gets fit, even by his own own portly standards. Also, Martins is out for six weeks... again :angry:

Andy Carroll rocked the shit when I signed him in my Master League. If that's not reason to play him, I don't know what is.

He's injured, and probably awaiting a court appearance too much like the majority of our players. If he wasn't, he'd be well ahead of Shola in the pecking order, maybe X-I-S-C-O too.

Relegation predictions are very premature, everyone was saying the same thing last year whilst also predicting Spurs top 4 again. Neither will happen. We're crap, but not that crap.

Gotta love Joe Kinnear. During a live interview on Football Focus at 12:35pm he says (about Mike Ashley):

"He's the one that's come in and cleared the debts, he's put the money in, and he's the one that's got them out the shit."

Manish couldn't interrupt him fast enough. And couldn't apologise enough. Good times.

I'm sure I heard him say a while ago that Toon fans only think of one person when it comes to managing the club, Kevin Keegan... and Alan Shearer

He said Ashley has confirmed that one of the consortiums that is interested in buying the club told Ashley that their choice of management team would be Keegan and Shearer.

To be fair, it's the best thing they could do. When they heard Newcastle had approached Venables, a whole load of Newcastle fans that were interviewed were all saying "Why are they talking to him? He's the wrong bloke. He's got no history with Newcastle...."

Do Newcastle fans not see why their club is in a mess? Venables is a good manager, and took England to penalties at the semi-final of a tournament, which is more than any England manager has done since.... Why is it Newcastle fans will only accept bringing back managers that have messed up in the past, because those are the managers that have links to the club?