Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

From that Times list above...

32. Joey Barton

We don't like to kick a man when he's down, but he did.

Tremendous.

And I'm hoping that we can snatch a draw against Villa today, its unlikely though, I think Heskey will cause us a lot of problems today.

Edited by NBTogi Makabe

Massive game for us against Stoke, they beat us 1-0 last time out but I'm confident of a win today. Kind of a big match with us separated by about 3 points I think and a win would take us onto a nice 30 points. Plus we're at home today, we've been playing well recently. Obviously got unlucky against Newcastle with Donkey Taylor's penalty dive but we played some okay football, probably well enough to beat Stoke.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by IAceI

For the record, I don't really care whether Setanta has just one package and Sky has the other 5. I still have both channels.

Same here but the signal for Setanta always seems to cut out during the middle of a Spurs game when they have it on <_<

West Ham are second in form over the last 6 games. I'm permanently giddy at the moment, I was convinced we were getting relegated when Curbishley left.

Me too. I think I had West Ham, Hull and Stoke to go down.

Manchester United soccer star Carlos Tevez has had his £140,000 Bentley seized because he does not have a full UK driving licence, police said.

The 25-year-old Argentina international was stopped by traffic officers on the M60 near Stretford, Greater Manchester. His car has been impounded.

Police said they pulled his car over, suspecting the tinting on its windows was too dark.

Tests at the roadside showed the tint was illegal, police said.

"Shortly after 0920 GMT on Friday officers pulled over a Bentley close to junction 7 of the M60," said a police spokesman.

"The officers were concerned certain windows were illegally tinted. They were tested and found to be too dark so a prohibition notice was issued to the driver.

"When asked to provide his documentation, it was discovered the driver did not have a full UK driving licence and was advised to arrange removal of the car. "As he could not arrange this, the car was removed under Section 165 of Road Traffic Act 1988."

The real question is: Why did they pass on the opportunity to use "Car-los" as the title? :pervert:

Car-less Tevez would be better.

... Is Benitez pissed? Is he actually playing with Benayoun, Babel and NGog as a forward 3 with Torres on the bench. Not to mention playing a midfield of Aurelio, Arbeloa and Mascherano...

6 defenders, a defensive midfielder, 2 wingers that have been far better as super-subs than first team starters, and a 19 year old... Wow. Just wow. Their bench actually looks better than their first team (Torres, Riera, Alonso and Kuyt mainly).

Good god what is going on with Chelsea. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it and all, but this is certainly the worst I've seen them for years.

Now hopefully Tony Adams can get the miracle he's been wanting for ages and get a win. I can always dream :w00t:

As for the above, I think he's right about Torres. The guy looked almost dead against Everton and it is only Portsmouth, so they may as well try something different. Not to mention Benayoun has been their most outstanding player all season outside of Gerrard.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Can someone watching the game tell me what formation Liverpool are actually playing? I tried figuring it out looking at the team sheet but I have no idea.

4-3-3 (or 4-3-2-1) but looking at the team sheet you could easily think they're playing 6-1-2-1