Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Fuck this title race talk, back to yesterday.

The ref was shit for both teams, if Givet handballed it on purpose then we should have had one for Corluka's handling. The red card was daft too.

Agreed. I thought the referee seemed leaning towards Spurs in the first half and moreso Blackburn in the second. Just like a complete shift out of nowhere.

Powerpod Head was shit for the Man Utd match as well, as per usual. Some shocking decisions against Villa but a handful of ones where Man Utd players were actually brought down and should have been given a free kick, guess its just hard to figure out which is which. My rule of thumb for these things is make my opinion when it happens, and if the replay proves me wrong, then I can't really get on my high horse since the referee only gets the one chance as well.

Edited by IAceI

United weren't good. Villa were good, not great, better than they were against Liverpool and probably deserved a point. The amount of space that Villa were afforded by Man Utd was shocking. The game was very open, and had this been earlier in the season when Villa weren't running on empty then Man Utd wouldn't have won.

Both Liverpool and United ground out results from the brink of disaster this weekend. However I do get the feeling that there is something amiss about Utd. at the moment. Not just the fact that they didn't have certain players today. They had those players when Liverpool thumped them. They had them when they lost to Fulham. If this continues then teams that can close off a game, unlike Villa today, can get something off them.

It wasn't easy when we went game after game without letting one in, then let one in and our entire confidence seemed to dissapear. And it wasn't easy playing like shit and getting beaten by Liverpool, so our confidence as been rock bottom. Today was the day we may have got it all back after a dramatic win, I think things can only look up from here on with a tonne of returns coming for next weekend.

And I moaned about Villa diving and wasting time because they did at times. We do it too, every team does, sorry for getting caught up in the game and giving a shit <_<

In fairness to the time added on, I believe there would've been four, which would have been about right for all the subs and the odd injury in the second half that the physio's had to attend to. But then late on, Villa took an AGE over a throw in, which Mike Riley signalled that he was adding time on for what was wasted. You can't add on 4 mins, 30 seconds, so I guess that took it up to 5.

5 minutes extra time?

So SAF command, so shall it be done.

To be fair, they scored in like the second <_<

That's true but for me it had more to do with the fact that United was on top and throwing up an unnecessary 5 minutes just gave them the extra motivation needed to push on for the winner. Seeing a big number like that when you are on top of the action is a huge motivator.

After a quick check on BBC, Hull play Liverpool at home on the 25th of this month.

That's not going to be an easy game, and we need to win every point if we're going to have a chance at winning the league after the bastards United won against Villa. Hopefully they slip up against aresnal and city alowing us to go on and win the league:D

We face Arsenal,City and Wigan within 6 days!

That is just not cool at all :(

Yes it is, it means you have more chance of slipping up and alowing us to win the league :D